Simply Northern Rhône
2 or 3 days Northern Rhône Tournon-sur-Rhône and Hermitage Tour
At a glance
|Type of Tour:||Simply|
|Guide Price:||from £140 to £205 per person|
|Number of Meals:||1 breakfast + 1 lunch (2 Days)
2 breakfasts + 1 lunch (3 Days)
|Number of Winery Visits:||1 winery + 1 tasting boutique|
|Number of Wines Tasted:||Approximately 10|
|Tour Transport:||Visits are within easy walking distance of the hotel|
|Dates / Availability:||Available mid-week and weekends throughout the year|
More Information about Simply Northern Rhône wine tour
- Trip Summary
- Region Map
- Outline Itinerary
- Package Prices
- Further Information
- Other tours your may enjoy
Trip Summary To Top
If you are looking for a low-cost introduction to the deep-flavoured wines of the Northern Rhône, our Simply break is the package for you. Having settled in your twin or double room at the 3* Hotel les Amandiers on day one, enjoy an afternoon tour and tastings at a local winery in Tain l’Hermitage (located 20 minutes on foot from your hotel). Here, you will see first-hand the wine-making process from press to bottle!
On the morning of day two, after a leisurely breakfast, check out of the hotel. Take a short walk across the river to the quaint town of Tain l’Hérmitage, where you will be welcomed at the boutique of Paul Jaboulet Aîné, one of the biggest names in the Northern Rhône. This estate has been making highly sought-after wines for almost two Centuries and you will firstly taste a Hérmitage white, a Hérmitage red and a Cornas. A traditional three course lunch with a further two Jaboulet wines will then be served.
For those who would like to stay for two nights, both visits will be arranged on day two, giving you a free afternoon on day one and a free morning on day three. We strongly recommend taking a leisurely walk up Hérmitage Hill to admire the breathtaking views across the Rhône valley from “La Chapelle.”
Region Map To Top
Outline Itinerary To Top
- Upon arrival in Tournon-sur-Rhône, check into your twin or double room at the 3* Hotel les Amandiers.
- After settling in, enjoy a tour and tastings at a local winery in Tain l’Hérmitage.
- After a leisurely breakfast, check out of the hotel.
- Enjoy a tasting session of three Northern Rhône wines at Jaboulet in Tain l’Hérmitage.
- A three course lunch with two further Jaboulet wines will then be served.
Day Two (Optional)
- If you opt to spend two nights in Tournon sur Rhône, we will arrange both activities on day two, leaving the afternoon of day one and the morning of day three entirely free for you to explore your charming surroundings independently.
(ii) The outline itinerary is indicative and is subject to minor changes depending on supplier availability. Availability cannot be guaranteed until we have received a confirmed booking, together with the deposit payment (or payment in full where the dates of travel are in less than 60 days). If the named accommodation / visits are not available, we will endeavour to find suitable alternatives of a similar grade; this may be subject to a supplement or a rebate depending on the price available.
Accommodation To Top
Package Prices To Top
These prices are per person excluding any discounts and include all of the package elements detailed.
Due to market volatility following the UK’s decision to exit the EU, these guide prices are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All prices are per person and based on two people travelling together and sharing a twin or double room.
- A £20 per person early bird discount applies to bookings confirmed and paid over 60 days before travel.
- Single supplements and extra night prices are available upon request.
Further Information To Top
Travel to the your Tournon-sur-Rhône and Hermitage Tour
The price of this package does not include travel to Tournon-sur-Rhône. Please see our Travel to the Rhône page for information about how best to travel to the region.
For more information on our Simply tours please see our Simply tours page.
Further Information / To Book
To secure your holiday, a deposit of £100 per person is required. Your remaining balance will then be due 60 days before travel. Please call us on +44 (0) 1920 46 86 66 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request a booking form.