Luxury Champagne Tour
At a glance
|Type of Tour:||Exclusive|
|Guide Price:||from £1224 to £2683 per person|
|Number of Meals:||2 breakfasts, 1 dinner and 1 light lunch (3 Days)
3 breakfasts, 1 dinner and 1 light lunch (4 Days)
|Number of Winery Visits:||3 Champagne Houses + 1 tasting session (3 Days)
6 Champagne Houses + 1 tasting session (4 Days)
|Number of Wines Tasted:||Approximately 13 Champagnes (3 Days)
Approximately 20 Champagnes (4 Days)
|Tour Transport:||Luxury chauffeured vehicle (Mercedes E or S Class) for 1 full day (3 Days)
Luxury chauffeured vehicle (Mercedes E or S Class) for 2 full days (4 Days)
|Dates / Availability:||Available mid-week and weekends throughout the year|
More Information about Exclusive Reims wine tour
- Trip Summary
- Region Map
- Outline Itinerary
- Package Prices
- Special Offers
- Enhance your Experience/Tour Upgrades
- Further Information
- Other tours your may enjoy
Trip Summary To Top
These three and four day packages offer the ultimate in Champagne luxury. Staying at the 5* Château les Crayères, guests will enjoy a flawless level of service at the hotel as well as a gastronomic gala dinner with drinks in the Château’s double Michelin starred restaurant, “Le Parc.”
On day two, you will be met at the Château by a luxury chauffeured MPV (a Mercedes E or S Class), which will accompany you throughout the day on a private basis. The day will consist of a visit to a small, family-run Grand Cru Champagne House for a tour of the fascinating Champagne-making process from press to bottle and the opportunity to learn the Napoleonic art of Sabrage (opening a bottle with a sabre). During the course of the day, you will also be taken to the beautiful village of Hautvillers, where Dom Pérignon lived and is buried. Here, you will enjoy a comparative tasting session of three single varietal Champagnes, accompanied by a platter of gourmet local delicacies.
In the afternoon, guests are free to choose their favourite large, prestigious Champagne House for a tour and a flute or two of their Champagnes. There are several options subject to your preference and availabilities, including Mercier, GH Mumm, Pommery, Ruinart, Taittinger and Veuve Clicquot. Please note that a number of the more exclusive estates do not tend to receive visitors at weekends and some of them do not receive visitors at all. We would be pleased to discuss the various options with you and contact the individual estates accordingly. The highlight of your tour will without a doubt be the experience as the VIP guests of Moët and Chandon in Epernay. Here, you will be taken on a private Dom Pérignon tour, visiting some of the oldest areas of the cellars which are seldom visited by the public. A tasting of Dom Pérignon will conclude the visit in an elegant reception room at the Moët mansion.
The four day luxury Champagne tour includes a private chauffeured luxury vehicle for a second full day and three further visits at your preferred Champagne Houses. We are of course always delighted to discuss the options with you and make recommendations.
Region Map To Top
Outline Itinerary To Top
- Upon arrival in Reims, check into your room or suite at Château les Crayères.
- Free afternoon and evening to explore the city and relax at the Château.
- We will provide you with a list of recommended restaurants in Reims and we would be pleased to reserve you a table at any of these for dinner. You may wish to dine in the Château’s gourmet brasserie, “Le Jardin”.
Day Two of your Luxury Champagne Tour
- After breakfast, you will be met at the hotel by a luxury chauffeured vehicle, which will accompany you throughout the day. Your tour day will comprise of:
- A visit to your preferred large, prestigious Champagne House for a tour of their cellars and glasses of one or two of their Champagnes.
- A visit to a small, family-run producer of Grand Cru Champagnes for a tour and Sabrage.
- Glasses of three Champagnes, accompanied by a gourmet platter of local delicacies in Hautvillers.
- A private Dom Pérignon tour at Moët and Chandon, concluding with a flute of Dom Pérignon Champagne.
- In the evening, a gastronomic six course tasting dinner will be served at the Château’s Michelin starred restaurant, “Le Parc”. Dinner will be accompanied by a bottle of premium Champagne, a half bottle of Bordeaux AOC wine, water and coffee.
Day Three (Optional) of your Luxury Champagne Tour
- Your tour day will comprise of:
- Three visits to your preferred Champagne Houses for cellar tours and tastings.
Final Day of your Luxury Champagne Tour
- After a leisurely breakfast, check out of the hotel.
Accommodation To Top
Package Prices To Top
These prices are per person excluding any discounts and include all of the package elements detailed.
Due to market volatility following the UK’s decision to exit the EU, these guide prices are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All prices are based on two people travelling together and sharing a twin or double room.
- A £35 per person early bird discount applies to bookings confirmed and paid over 60 days before travel.
- Single supplements and extra night prices are available upon request.
|Hotel Name||Room Grade||Star Rating||Duration||Price Per Person|
|Chateau Les Crayeres - Reims||Premium||5*||3 Days||£1489||Book Now|
|Chateau Les Crayeres - Reims||Premium||5*||4 Days||£2226||Book Now|
|Chateau Les Crayeres - Reims||Superior||5*||3 Days||£1571||Book Now|
|Chateau Les Crayeres - Reims||Superior||5*||4 Days||£2357||Book Now|
|Chateau Les Crayeres - Reims||Deluxe||5*||3 Days||£1745||Book Now|
|Chateau Les Crayeres - Reims||Deluxe||5*||4 Days||£2608||Book Now|
|Chateau Les Crayeres - Reims||Prestige||5*||3 Days||£1783||Book Now|
|Chateau Les Crayeres - Reims||Prestige||5*||4 Days||£2683||Book Now|
Special Offers To Top
Bring friends and spend less! A discount of £200 per person applies to groups of four people or more who are travelling together on the three day break. This discount increases to £400 per person on the four day break.
Low season discount.
Travel between November and the end of March and enjoy the following discounts, depending on which package and room grade you prefer.
Three day break: £30 per person in a Premium room, £40 per person in a Superior room, £75 per person in a Deluxe room and £45 per person in a Prestige room.
Four day break: £45 per person in a Premium room, £60 per person in a Superior room, £110 per person in a Deluxe room and £65 per person in a Prestige room.
Enhance your Experience/Tour Upgrades To Top
Please contact us to request further details and a full list of tour upgrades.
If you would like to make your Grape Escapes holiday even more special, there are a number of additional activities that we can arrange for you. To complement the experience, these could be arranged to fit in/around your current itinerary or we can arrange additional nights and room upgrades at your hotel. We can also organise your travel arrangements, a stop-over en route and even a visit to another part of France! See below for some of the most popular upgrades.
- Stay longer! Just let us know which room grade you prefer and we would be delighted to arrange an additional night’s stay.
- Explore Epernay and the vineyards. If you are staying an additional night in Reims, you may wish to spend the day in Epernay and the surrounding vineyards, enjoying some of our recommended tours and activities.
- Experience the region’s gastronomy. Reims is brimming with unique gastronomic dining opportunities and what better way to enjoy a glass or two of Champagne than with a mouth-watering meal in the city. We offer a variety of menus to suit every budget.
- Stay in the vineyards. Why not stay a little longer in Champagne and indulge yourself in a stay in one of our unique rural hotels?
- Spend a night in Northern France. The drive from Calais to Champagne is only 2 ½ hours. However a large number of our guests still enjoy spending a night or two en route to explore Northern France and in particular, the WW1 Battlefields.
- Fall in love with Paris. Let us put together an itinerary for you in the city of love!
- Discover more French wine regions. As well as trips to Champagne, we also arrange holidays to Burgundy, the Loire Valley, Bordeaux, the Rhône Valley, Alsace, Provence, Cognac and the Languedoc-Roussillon.
Further Information To Top
Given the wide range of travel options, the package price does not include travel. Please see our travel pagefor other travel options and further information about travelling to our Champagne trips.
For more information on our Exclusive tours please see our Exclusive tours page.
Further Information / To Book
To secure your booking, a 20% deposit is required. Your remaining balance will then be due 60 days before you travel. Please call us on +44 (0) 1920 46 86 66 or e-mail email@example.com to request a booking form.