Corporate Days Out
If you are short on time but would like an unforgettable event, why not let us arrange your corporate days out in France for you?
Either by Eurostar, a commercial flight or by private jet, Grape Escapes can organise your travel to France and most importantly, a whole host of memorable activities in and around the country’s world-famous vineyards!
All of our corporate itineraries are completely bespoke and tailored entirely to your requirements, however we have listed below some of our favourite corporate activities, which can all be incorporated into a day tour. Have a look at our sample itinerary for a Corporate Day trip to Champagne.
Low Cost, Great Value Corporate Days Out Activities
- Open a bottle of Champagne with a sabre: You will be taken out into the Champagne vineyards, where you will be welcomed as the guests of a boutique Champagne maker. As well as having a tour of the property, you will learn the Napoleonic art of Sabrage (the art of opening the Champagne bottle with a sword). Since you will each open a bottle you will then need to drink at least some of the Champagnes that have been opened. Learning Sabrage is a tremendously fun and festive activity and not only is it a fantastic photo opportunity, you will also have acquired a new party trick to entertain your friends and family at home with! You can see Sabrage in action on our You Tube channel.
- Bordeaux Wine and Cheese Workshop: This mouth-watering and insightful activity takes place at a Grand Cru Classé Château in Bordeaux. Following a private guided tour of the breathtaking estate and cellars, you will taste three of the Château’s wines, perfectly paired with a selection of local cheeses.
- Champagne and Chocolate Tasting: This activity takes place at the estate of a medium-sized co-operative Champagne House, which produces excellent quality Champagnes from the Vallée de la Marne. Here, you will discover Champagne production on a more industrial scale, and your tour will conclude with a delicious Champagne and chocolate pairing experience.
- Provençal Picnic in the Vineyards: Following a full tour of the estate of a premium Provence wine-maker, an extensive tasting session will ensue. A gourmet picnic lunch will have been prepared for you here, and this can be enjoyed in a picturesque spot in the Château’s grounds.
- Aerial Ropes Course in the Champagne Countryside: For this fun-filled treetop activity, you will be taken to a unique tasting destination- located at the top of the treetops in the Verzy forest. Here, you will admire the Champagne countryside with a flute of premium Champagne from the very highest point in the Marne Valley. However, to get here, you will need to complete a circuit of an aerial ropes course! For the braver group members, you may wish to embark on a Tyrolean circuit which allows you to descend the hillside on a zip line.
Our Most Popular Corporate Days Out Activities
- Gourmet River Cruise in Bordeaux: A unique way to discover Bordeaux! On this guided river cruise, you will be taken along the port whilst learning about the city’s maritime past and the
history of the thriving wine trade. A fantastic three course lunch with drinks will be served on board.
- Sail to the Marseille Calanques: Enjoy a breathtaking cruise to view Marseille’s famous calanques. Often called the ‘fjords of the French Riviera’, these wild and beautiful limestone rock formations distinguish this stretch of Mediterranean shoreline. A wonderful seafood lunch with local wines will be served on board.
- Golf Day in the Médoc: In the heart of some of the most prestigious vineyards in Bordeaux, enjoy a round of golf on your choice of two competition level 18-hole courses. The 6,576 yard par 71 Château course was designed in 1989 by Bill Coore in the Scottish links style, while the 6,802 yard par 71 Vignes course was designed in 1991 by Rod Whitman. The grounds were voted the best courses in France in 2014 by the World Golf Award and they are currently ranked among the top 15 courses in continental Europe. They have hosted several competitions, including The Final Challenge Tour and the Novotel Perrier Open de France and international golfers, such as Sandy Lyle, Severiano Ballesteros and Ian Woosnam to name but three, have graced the green with their clubs. Combined, the courses comprise of 3.8 hectares of greens, all perfectly maintained throughout the year. Buggies, trollies, balls and clubs can all be rented from the resort and lessons can be organised in the modern coaching centre.
- Go-Karting: A great idea for a team building event, this activity includes 10 minutes of timed practice (qualifying to set grid positions) then a 20 minute race with a glass of Champagne for each group member and medals for the top three placed karts.
Luxury, VIP Corporate Days Out Experiences
- Gala lunch as the guests of a top Bordeaux Château: You will be warmly welcomed at a prestigious Château in the Bordeaux vineyards for a full tour of the majestic estate and cellars, and a decadent four course lunch will be served in the Château’s opulent dining room. Each course will be perfectly paired with one of the Château’s Grand Cru Classé wines.
- Lunch in the cellars of a world-famous Champagne House: The highlight of any luxurious trip to Champagne would be a VIP visit at one of the region’s large, prestigious Champagne Houses, such as Moët and Chandon, Taittinger or Veuve Clicquot. As well as having a behind-the-scenes tour of the magnificent, impressive cellars, a gala lunch will be served, alongside a selection of Champagnes from the estate. We can even arrange for you to be entertained throughout the meal by CanCan dancers, mime artists or a traditional French accordionist.
To see exactly how a Grape Escapes Corporate Day Trip would pan out from start to finish, have a look at our sample itinerary for a Corporate Day Trip to Champagne and give us a call on +44 (0) 1920 46 86 66 or e-mail email@example.com to start planning your Corporate Days Out with our team of experts.