Company Anniversary Trips
Toast your company’s anniversary on a once-in-a-lifetime trip to the European wine regions.
We specialise in arranging high-quality and fun-filled corporate trips for both large and small companies. Our corporate event organisers will take care of the smooth-running of the entire trip including your travel, accommodation and most importantly, your unforgettable wine tasting itinerary!
All of our corporate itineraries are completely bespoke and tailored entirely to your requirements, however we have listed below some of our favourite celebratory company anniversary activities, depending on your budget. Have a look at our sample itinerary for a Corporate Anniversary in Bordeaux.
Low Cost, Great Value Company Anniversary Activities
- Open a bottle of Champagne with a sabre: You will be taken out into the Champagne vineyards, where you will be welcomed as the guests of a boutique Champagne maker. As well as having a tour of the property, you will learn the Napoleonic art of Sabrage (the art of opening the Champagne bottle with a sword). Since you will each open a bottle you will then need to drink at least some of the Champagnes that have been opened. Learning Sabrage is a tremendously fun and festive activity and not only is it a fantastic photo opportunity, you will also have acquired a new party trick to entertain your friends and family at home with! You can see Sabrage in action on our You Tube channel.
- Bordeaux Wine and Cheese Workshop: This mouth-watering and insightful activity takes place at a Grand Cru Classé Château in Bordeaux. Following a private guided tour of the breathtaking estate and cellars, you will taste three of the Château’s wines, perfectly paired with a selection of local cheeses.
- Take Part in the traditional Spanish tapas run in Rioja: Spend the evening taking part in the traditional tapas run in the Calle Laurel in the quaint Spanish town of Logroño. As the Guardian’s Food and Drink journalist Norman Miller reported, “Almost 50 tapas bars are crammed into a single block about the size of four tennis courts.” To avoid competition, each bar specialises in just two or three dishes, therefore you will have the opportunity to sample a whole host of colourful creations as you work your way along the street. Your Grape Escapes Tour Manager will of course be on-hand to steer you towards the best bars.
- Champagne and Chocolate Tasting: This activity takes place at the estate of a medium-sized co-operative Champagne House, which produces excellent quality Champagnes from the Vallée de la Marne. Here, you will discover Champagne production on a more industrial scale, and your tour will conclude with a delicious Champagne and chocolate pairing experience.
- Provençal Picnic in the Vineyards: Following a full tour of the estate of a premium Provence wine-maker, an extensive tasting session will ensue. A gourmet picnic lunch will have been prepared for you here, and this can be enjoyed in a picturesque spot in the Château’s grounds.
Our Most Popular Company Anniversary Activities
- Traditional Tuscan Cookery Class: A local Chef will take you to the market to select products and will then take you to a great cooking location to teach you about Italian cuisine. You will then taste the fruits of your labour together over a convivial lunch.
- Gourmet River Cruise in Bordeaux: A unique way to discover Bordeaux! On this guided river cruise, you will be taken along the port whilst learning about the city’s maritime past and the
history of the thriving wine trade. A fantastic three course lunch with drinks will be served on board.
- Sunset Barbecue in the Chianti Vineyards: Enjoy an enchanting evening in the Chianti vienyards, starting with a visit of an authentic Tuscan winery, followed by a wine tasting. You will then discover the farm’s historic chapel. A mouth-watering traditional Tuscan barbecue, accompanied by music will be waiting for you at the end of the tour.
- Sail to the Marseille Calanques: Enjoy a breathtaking cruise to view Marseille’s famous calanques. Often called the ‘fjords of the French Riviera’, these wild and beautiful limestone rock formations distinguish this stretch of Mediterranean shoreline. A wonderful seafood lunch with local wines will be served on board.
- Golf Morning in the Médoc: In the heart of some of the most prestigious vineyards in Bordeaux, enjoy a round of golf on your choice of two competition level 18-hole courses. The 6,576 yard par 71 Château course was designed in 1989 by Bill Coore in the Scottish links style, while the 6,802 yard par 71 Vignes course was designed in 1991 by Rod Whitman. The grounds were voted the best courses in France in 2014 by the World Golf Award and they are currently ranked among the top 15 courses in continental Europe. They have hosted several competitions, including The Final Challenge Tour and the Novotel Perrier Open de France and international golfers, such as Sandy Lyle, Severiano Ballesteros and Ian Woosnam to name but three, have graced the green with their clubs. Combined, the courses comprise of 3.8 hectares of greens, all perfectly maintained throughout the year. Buggies, trollies, balls and clubs can all be rented from the resort and lessons can be organised in the modern coaching centre.
Luxury, VIP Company Anniversary Experiences
- VIP Spanish Cookery Experience in San Sebastián with one of the world’s top 10 gastronomy guides, Gabriela Ranelli, who is known as one of the top 10 gastronomy guides in the world will accompany you throughout the day on a once-in-a-lifetime VIP foodie tour. She will firstly take you on an extensive tour of the city’s markets and specialist gastronomy shops to purchase fresh produce for lunch. The Basque country is famous for its ultra-exclusive private gastronomy clubs, and the afternoon will be spent with Gabriela at her own club, where she will lead a hands-on cookery demonstration. The tapas in San Sebastián are considered true art forms, and Gabriela will teach you some of her favourite creations. You will then taste your creations alongside a selection of local wines over an entertaining lunch at the club.
- Gala dinner as the guests of a top Bordeaux Château: You will be warmly welcomed at a prestigious Château in the Bordeaux vineyards for a full tour of the majestic estate and cellars, and a decadent four course dinner will be served in the Château’s opulent dining room. Each course will be perfectly paired with one of the Château’s Grand Cru Classé wines.
- Ferrari Race in Florence: You will be taken to a private venue on the outskirts of the city for a morning spent racing Ferraris. This thrilling activity will offer a real competitive aspect to the trip, in the form of a circuit with skittles and start/finish posts. The VIP Ferrari “Time Speed Distance“ competition depends on the abilities of the driver, rather than depending on the speed that the vehicle can achieve (for example, a circuit has to be done in 20 exact seconds. If is completed in 19 or 21 seconds, there is a 1 second penalty). Along the circuit, speed traps are positioned to determine actual speed and the pilot’s ability is calculated through his capability in following the time instructions given before the race. Timekeepers record each run and present a rank at the end of the race in an awards ceremony. The Competition will also be assisted by a photographer for once-in-a-lifetime photo opportunities.
- Dine in the cellars of a world-famous Champagne House: The highlight of any luxurious Company Anniversary trip to Champagne would be a VIP visit at one of the region’s large, prestigious Champagne Houses, such as Moët and Chandon, Taittinger or Veuve Clicquot. As well as having a behind-the-scenes tour of the magnificent, impressive cellars, a gala dinner will be served, alongside a selection of Champagnes from the estate. Why not enjoy a spot on dancing after dinner with a DJ, or we can even arrange for you to be entertained throughout the meal by CanCan dancers, mime artists or a traditional French accordionist.
Give us a call on +44 (0) 1920 46 86 66 or e-mail email@example.com to start planning your Company Anniversary trip with our team of experts. To see exactly how a Grape Escapes Company Anniversary trip would pan out from start to finish, have a look at our sample itinerary for a corporate Anniversary trip to Bordeaux.