Siena Wine Tasting Tour
At a glance
|Type of Tour:||Simply|
|Guide Price:||from £137 to £419 per person|
|Number of Meals:||1 breakfast (2 Days)
2 breakfasts (3 Days)
|Number of Winery Visits:||2 wineries (2 Days)
2 wineries + 1 tasting session (3 Days)
|Number of Wines Tasted:||Approximately 6 (2 Days)
Approximately 11 (3 Days)
|Tour Transport:||Half day transported tour (2 Days)
Half day transported tour and 1 visit on foot in Siena (3 Days)
|Dates / Availability:||Tours are available on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays, mid-week and weekends throughout the year. The package is not available from 30th June to 2nd July and from 14th to 16th August.
More Information about Simply Siena wine tour
- Trip Summary
- Region Map
- Outline Itinerary
- Package Prices
- Special Offers
- Enhance your Experience/Tour Upgrades
- Further Information
- Other tours your may enjoy
Trip Summary To Top
This tour is designed for those on a tighter budget who would like a simple, short break in Tuscany. However, in common with all Grape Escapes tours, we don’t skimp on quality just because it is inexpensive. Upon your arrival on day one, you will enjoy an exciting half day guided and transported Brunello di Montalcino afternoon wine tour, including tastings at two renowned wineries and some free time to explore the picturesque hilltop village of Montalcino. Main points of interest include the medieval fortress and the Church of Sant’Agostino. A free evening will give you the opportunity to explore the medieval town and relax.
If you choose to spend three days/two nights in Siena, you will have an extra day to enjoy the splendid town of Siena. Siena is a UNESCO World Heritage Site with a gorgeous Roman Catholic Cathedral and stunning Italian palaces. The enchanting Piazza del campo with its Palazzo Pubblico and the Torre del Mangia is a must see. In the late afternoon of day two, you will have the opportunity to take part in a fascinating tutored tasting session at a local wine school, where you will learn about the region, as well as sample local wines and delicacies.
Region Map To Top
Outline Itinerary To Top
- Upon arrival in Siena, check into your preferred room grade at the 4* Athena hotel
- Enjoy a half day guided and transported Brunello di Montalcino Wine tour in the afternoon, with tastings at two renowned wineries and free time in the village of Montalcino.
- The remainder of the evening will be free for you to relax at the hotel or explore your surroundings independently.
- After a leisurely breakfast, check out of the hotel.
Day Three (Optional)
- If you are booking the three day/two night package, you will have an extra day to discover the delights of Siena and its incredible cultural heritage.
- A tutored tasting session of five Tuscan wines with local delicacies will take place in the late afternoon.
(ii) The outline itinerary is indicative and is subject to minor changes depending on supplier availability. Availability cannot be guaranteed until we have received a confirmed booking, together with the deposit payment (or payment in full where the dates of travel are in less than 60 days). If the named accommodation / visits are not available, we will endeavour to find suitable alternatives of a similar grade; this may be subject to a supplement or a rebate depending on the price available.
Package Prices To Top
These prices are per person excluding any discounts and include all of the package elements detailed.
Due to market volatility following the UK’s decision to exit the EU, these guide prices are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All prices are per person and based on two people travelling together and sharing a twin or double room.
- A £20 per person early bird discount applies to bookings confirmed and paid over 60 days before travel.
- Single supplements and extra night prices are available upon request.
|Hotel Name||Room Grade||Star Rating||Duration||Price Per Person|
|Hotel Athena||Economy Room||4*||2 Days||£197||Book Now|
|Hotel Athena||Economy Room||4*||3 Days||£328||Book Now|
|Hotel Athena||Standard Room||4*||2 Days||£203||Book Now|
|Hotel Athena||Standard Room||4*||3 Days||£339||Book Now|
|Hotel Athena||Superior Room||4*||2 Days||£214||Book Now|
|Hotel Athena||Superior Room||4*||3 Days||£362||Book Now|
|Hotel Athena||Deluxe Room||4*||2 Days||£226||Book Now|
|Hotel Athena||Deluxe Room||4*||3 Days||£385||Book Now|
|Hotel Athena||Executive Room||4*||2 Days||£243||Book Now|
|Hotel Athena||Executive Room||4*||3 Days||£419||Book Now|
Special Offers To Top
Low season discounts:
If you are travelling between the below dates, the following discounts apply across all room grades at the Hotel Athena:
From the 1st to the 12th of November: £35 per person per night.
From the 13th of November to the 17th of March (except New Year): £40 per person per night.
From the 3rd of July to the 9th September and from the 15th to the 31st of October: £20 per person per night.
Enhance your Experience/Tour Upgrades To Top
If you would like to make your Grape Escapes holiday even more special, there are a number of additional activities that we can arrange for you. To complement the experience, these could be arranged to fit in/around your current itinerary or we can arrange additional nights and room upgrades at your hotel, as well as your travel arrangements, a stop-over en route and even a visit to another part of the country! See below for some of the most popular upgrades.
- Stay longer! Just let us know your preferred hotel and room grade, and we will provide you with the relevant supplement for extra nights with breakfast.
- Additional tours and activities! We would be delighted to provide inspiration for more wine tours and cultural activities. The possibilities are endless!
- Experience the region’s gastronomy. The wine regions are brimming with unique gastronomic dining opportunities and what better way to enjoy a glass than with a mouth-watering meal? We offer a variety of menus to suit every budget. Contact us for prices.
- Tailor-made tour extensions. The team at Grape Escapes have travelled extensively in Europe, not just in the wine regions and can therefore recommend and arrange tailor-made tour extensions to other regions and cities, for example Paris in France or Bilbao in Spain.
Further Information To Top
Travel to your Siena Wine Tasting Tour
Given the wide range of travel options, the package price does not include travel. Please contact us for further information.
About Simply Breaks
For more information on our Simply tours please see our Simply tours page.
Further Information / To Book
To secure your booking, a deposit of £100 per person is required . Your remaining balance will then be due 60 days before you travel. Please call us on +44 (0) 1920 46 86 66 or e-mail email@example.com to request a booking form.
Other tours you may enjoy To Top
Based in the fascinating city of Florence, you will enjoy a tutored tasting of Tuscan wines and walking tour of Florence.
|from £111 to £281 per person|