Two or Three Day Florence Wine Tour to Explore the Wines of the Region
Please note that Simply tours are online offers only and cannot be customised. Please use our online booking form in the pricing table below to secure your booking.
At a glance
|Type of Tour:||Simply|
|Guide Price:||from £127 to £309 per person|
|Number of Meals:||1 breakfast (2 Days)
2 breakfasts (3 Days)
|Number of Winery Visits:||1 tasting session
|Number of Wines Tasted:||Approximately 3|
|Tour Transport:||1 walking tour in Florence and 1 visit on foot in Florence|
|Dates / Availability:||Available mid-week and weekends throughout the year|
More Information about Simply Florence wine tour
- Trip Summary
- Region Map
- Outline Itinerary
- Package Prices
- Special Offers
- Enhance your Experience/Tour Upgrades
- Further Information
- Other tours your may enjoy
Trip Summary To Top
This Florence wine tour is for those on a tighter budget who would like a simple, short break to explore the beautiful city of Florence and taste Tuscan wines; however, in common with all Grape Escapes tours, we don’t skimp on quality just because it is inexpensive.
On day one, your tour will start in the afternoon, when a tutored tasting session of four Tuscan wines with with local olive oil and Bruschette with tomatoes will be arranged for you in the city centre. The tasting bar is within easy walking distance of three hotels. After breakfast and check out at the hotel on day two, a pleasant walk in Florence will be just what you need to be introduced to the city and its splendour and secular heritage! Accompanied by an English-speaking guide, hear tantalizing gossip of Michelangelo, discover what Leonardo had in mind when he revolutionised the town, and learn about other astounding events that shocked the Florentines. The tour explores the historic and architectural evolution of Florence from the Roman foundation through medieval centuries and its glorious Renaissance era up to modern day. Your guide will take you to some of the most important spots, where the greatest minds and artists have stood and been inspired. During the walk, you will see Piazza della Signoria with the town hall Palazzo Vecchio, the Duomo, the Baptistery with its ‘Gates of Paradise’, Giotto’s independent bell tower, Brunelleschi’s Dome, Santa Trinita and Orsanmichele Church, Pontevecchio Bridge and the secret Vasari Corridor, as well as famous shopping streets and the Oltrarno – the fourth and last district and the manual crafts neighbourhood.
If you opt for the three day package, your visits will be more spread out, and the walking tour of Florence as well as the wine tasting in the city centre will take place on day two instead of day one.
Region Map To Top
Outline Itinerary To Top
- Upon arrival in Florence, check into your chosen hotel.
- In the afternoon, a tutored tasting session of four Tuscan wines with olive oil and Bruschette with tomatoeswill take place in the city centre.
Final Day of your Florence Wine Tour
- After breakfast, check out of your hotel.
- Enjoy a guided tour of Florence with an English-speaking guide.
- If you are spending three days in Florence, we will arrange for both activities to take place on day two.
(ii) The outline itinerary is indicative and is subject to minor changes depending on supplier availability. Availability cannot be guaranteed until we have received a confirmed booking, together with the deposit payment (or payment in full where the dates of travel are in less than 60 days). If the named accommodation / visits are not available, we will endeavour to find suitable alternatives of a similar grade; this may be subject to a supplement or a rebate depending on the price available.
Accommodation To Top
Package Prices To Top
These prices are per person excluding any discounts and include all of the package elements detailed.
Due to market volatility following the UK’s decision to exit the EU, these guide prices are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All prices are per person and based on two people travelling together and sharing a twin or double room.
- A £20 per person early bird discount applies to bookings confirmed and paid over 60 days before travel.
- Single supplements and extra night prices are available upon request.
- Please note that the Italian hotels charge a city tax which is payable locally at check out (Hotel Silla: 3.5€ per person per night, Hotel Cellai & Hotel Monna Lisa: 4.5€ per person per night).
|Hotel Name||Room Grade||Star Rating||Duration||Price Per Person|
|Hotel Silla||Standard||3*||2 Days||£177||Book Now|
|Hotel Silla||Standard||3*||3 Days||£254||Book Now|
|Hotel Cellai||Classic||4*||2 Days||£195||Book Now|
|Hotel Cellai||Classic||4*||3 Days||£291||Book Now|
|Monna Lisa Hotel||Classic||4*||2 Days||£204||Book Now|
|Monna Lisa Hotel||Classic||4*||3 Days||£309||Book Now|
Special Offers To Top
Hotel Silla. Travel any time in July or August and enjoy a discount of £15 per person from the price of the two day package or £30 per person from the price of the three day package.
Hotel Cellai. The two day package price reduces by £10 per person for travel throughout April and £25 per person from 23rd July to the end of August. The discounts are £15 per person or £50 per person on the three day break.
Hotel Monna Lisa. On the two day break, we are offering a discount of £20 per person if you travel between the 16th July and 6th September. The discount increases to £35 per person for travel from the 1st to 17th April. For the three day break, the discounts are £40 and £70 respectively.
Enhance your Experience/Tour Upgrades To Top
If you would like to make your Grape Escapes holiday even more special, there are a number of additional activities that we can arrange for you. To complement the experience, these could be arranged to fit in/around your current itinerary or we can arrange additional nights and room upgrades at your hotel, as well as your travel arrangements, a stop-over en route and even a visit to another part of the country! See below for some of the most popular upgrades.
- Stay longer! Just let us know your preferred hotel and room grade, and we will provide you with the relevant supplement for extra nights with breakfast.
- Additional tours and activities! We would be delighted to provide inspiration for more wine tours and cultural activities. The possibilities are endless!
- Experience the region’s gastronomy. The wine regions are brimming with unique gastronomic dining opportunities and what better way to enjoy a glass than with a mouth-watering meal? We offer a variety of menus to suit every budget. Contact us for prices.
- Tailor-made tour extensions. The team at Grape Escapes have travelled extensively in Europe, not just in the wine regions and can therefore recommend and arrange tailor-made tour extensions to other regions and cities, for example Paris in France or Bilbao in Spain.
Further Information To Top
Travel to your Florence Wine Tour
Given the wide range of travel options, the package price does not include travel. Please contact us for further information.
About Simply Breaks
For more information on our Simply tours please see our Simply tours page.
Further Information / To Book
To secure your booking, a deposit of £100 per person is required . Your remaining balance will then be due 60 days before you travel. Please call us on +44 (0) 1920 46 86 66 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request a booking form.
Other tours you may enjoy To Top
This 2 or 3 day Siena Wine tasting tour is the lowest priced of our Tuscan holidays and offer a guided and transported vineyard tour as well as a enlightening tutored tasting session with local delicacies.
|from £137 to £419 per person|