Sparkling Saumur Wine Tour
At a glance
|Region:||The Loire Valley|
|Type of Tour:||Essential|
|Guide Price:||from £297 to £678 per person|
|Number of Meals:||2 Breakfasts and 1 lunch (3 Days)
3 Breakfasts and 2 lunches (3 Days)
|Number of Winery Visits:||2 Wineries (3 Days)
3 Wineries (4 Days)
|Number of Wines Tasted:||Approximately 10 wines (3 Days)
Approximately 16 wines (4 Days)
|Tour Transport:||Taxi transfers between all visits (3 Days)
Taxi transfers between all visits and rail travel to Tours (4 Days)
|Dates / Availability:||Available mid-week and weekends throughout the year|
More Information about Essential Saumur wine tour
- Trip Summary
- Region Map
- Outline Itinerary
- Package Prices
- Special Offers
- Enhance your Experience/Tour Upgrades
- Further Information
- Other tours your may enjoy
Trip Summary To Top
Saumur Wine Tour
Saumur is famed for its Chenin Blanc based sparkling wines made in the Champagne style, however this pretty riverside town is also a fabulous base for a short break. Based at the quintessentially French Hotel Anne d’Anjou on the banks of the river, our three day break includes tours and tastings at two highly-regarded Saumur wineries. At Langlois Chateau, you will be taken on a full tour followed by tastings of five to seven wines. This estate dates back to the 19th Century and is currently under the same ownership as Champagne Bollinger. At Bouvet Ladubay, you will be taken on a tour of some of their 5km of cellars and will enjoy tastings of a range of their wines. If you would like to be taken on the cellar tour on bikes, this can be arranged at no extra cost. You will be transported between destinations by a pre-booked and pre-paid taxi and also included is lunch in a troglodytic cave, where you will taste the local speciality, fouée. This traditional dish consists of hot bread rolls that are heated in an open oven, accompanied by various pâtés, such as rillettes and mojettes.
For those opting for the four day break, day three of your trip will be spent in and around the city of Tours. We will arrange rail travel for you from Saumur and the morning will be free to explore the historical city centre. A three course lunch will then be served in an upmarket brasserie with local wine, water and coffee. The afternoon will then be spent sampling a selection of the best white wines from Vouvray. A taxi will take you to a nearby estate. Here, your guide will accompany you on a tour of the domaine and cellars. The visit will conclude with tastings of five wines, including the domaine’s Réserve Spéciale. A platter of local delicacies such as cheese and rillettes will be served with the wine.
Region Map To Top
Outline Itinerary To Top
Saumur Wine Tour
- Upon arrival in Saumur, check into your preferred room grade at the 4* Hotel Anne d’Anjou.
- The remainder of the afternoon and evening will be free for you to relax and enjoy the town.
- We will provide you with a list of recommended restaurants in Saumur, and we would be delighted to reserve you a table at any of these for dinner.
- Your tour day will comprise of:
- Pre-booked and pre-paid taxi transfers between each of your visits.
- A tour and tastings at Langlois Château.
- A traditional three course lunch with drinks in a troglodytic cave.
- A tour and tastings at Bouvet Ladubay. Please let us know if you would prefer to explore the caves by bicycle as opposed to on foot.
Day Three (Optional)
- Your tour day will comprise of:
- Return taxi transfers between the hotel and the train station.
- Return rail travel between Saumur and Tours.
- A free morning to explore the historical centre of Tours.
- A three course lunch with drinks in an upmarket brasserie in the city centre.
- Return taxi transfers to a Vouvray producer.
- A tour and tastings of five wines with local delicacies at a premium Vouvray winery.
- After a leisurely breakfast, check out of the hotel.
(ii) The outline itinerary is indicative and is subject to minor changes depending on supplier availability. Availability cannot be guaranteed until we have received a confirmed booking, together with the deposit payment (or payment in full where the dates of travel are in less than 60 days). If the named accommodation / visits are not available, we will endeavour to find suitable alternatives of a similar grade; this may be subject to a supplement or a rebate depending on the price available.
Accommodation To Top
Package Prices To Top
These prices are per person excluding any discounts and include all of the package elements detailed.
Due to market volatility following the UK’s decision to exit the EU, these guide prices are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All prices are per person and based on two people travelling together and sharing a twin or double room.
- A £35 per person early bird discount applies to bookings confirmed and paid over 60 days before travel.
- Single supplements and extra night prices are available upon request.
|Hotel Name||Room Grade||Star Rating||Duration||Price Per Person|
|Hotel Anne d'Anjou||Comfort||4*||3 Days||£332||Book Now|
|Hotel Anne d'Anjou||Comfort||4*||4 Days||£558||Book Now|
|Hotel Anne d'Anjou||Tradition||4*||3 Days||£378||Book Now|
|Hotel Anne d'Anjou||Tradition||4*||4 Days||£627||Book Now|
|Hotel Anne d'Anjou||Elegance||4*||3 Days||£412||Book Now|
|Hotel Anne d'Anjou||Elegance||4*||4 Days||£678||Book Now|
Special Offers To Top
Bring friends and spend less! A discount of £25 per person applies to groups of four people or more who are travelling together on the three day break. This discount increases to £45 per person on the four day break.
Low season discount! Travel on the three day break between the 1st November and the end of March, and enjoy a third night at the hotel free of charge as well as a complimentary room upgrade. For those booking the four day break who do not want an extra night, a discount of £60 per person in a Comfort room, £80 per person in a Tradition room or £100 per person in an Elegance room can instead be offered.
Enhance your Experience/Tour Upgrades To Top
Please contact us to request further details and a full list of tour upgrades.
If you would like to make your Grape Escapes holiday even more special, there are a number of additional activities that we can arrange for you. To complement the experience, these could be arranged to fit in/around your current itinerary or we can arrange additional nights and room upgrades at your hotel, as well as your travel arrangements, a stop-over en route and even a visit to another part of France! See below for some of the most popular upgrades.
- Stay longer! Prices for an extra night at the hotel start at just £69 per person including breakfast.
- Stay in a historical Château. Why not stay a little longer in the Loire Valley and spend a night or two in a historical Château? Prices start at just £54 per person including breakfast.
- Fall in love with Paris. Let us put together an itinerary for you in the city of love!
- Discover more French wine regions. As well as trips to Bordeaux, we also arrange holidays to Burgundy, the Loire Valley, Champagne, the Rhône Valley, Alsace, Provence, Cognac and the Languedoc-Roussillon.
Further Information To Top
Given the wide range of travel options to the Loire Valley, the package price does not include travel. Please contact us for information about travelling to Saumur and prices.
About Essential Tours
For more information on our Essential Tours, please see our Essential Tours page.
Further Information / To Book
To secure your booking, a deposit of £100 per person is required (or 20% if the price of your trip exceeds £500 per person). Your remaining balance will then be due 60 days before you travel. Please call us on+44(0) 1920 46 86 66 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request a booking form.