Three or four day Loire wine tour based in the city of Angers
At a glance
|Region:||The Loire Valley|
|Type of Tour:||Essential|
|Guide Price:||from £389 to £688 per person|
|Number of Meals:||2 breakfasts + 1 lunch (3 Days)
3 breakfasts + 1 lunch + 1 dinner (4 Days)
|Number of Winery Visits:||3 wineries + 1 tasting session (3 Days)
4 wineries + 2 tasting sessions (4 Days)
|Number of Wines Tasted:||Approximately 12 (3 Days)
Approximately 19 (4 Days)
|Tour Transport:||Full day guided and transported tour + one visit on foot (3 Days)
One and a half day guided and transported tour + one visit on foot (4 Days)
|Dates / Availability:||Available mid-week and weekends throughout the year|
More Information about Essential Angers wine tour
- Trip Summary
- Region Map
- Outline Itinerary
- Package Prices
- Special Offers
- Enhance your Experience/Tour Upgrades
- Further Information
- Other tours your may enjoy
Trip Summary To Top
This three or four day Essential break is designed to give you a fascinating introduction to the local wines as well as allowing you to discover the charming city of Angers and the picturesque Loire Valley. Enjoy a comfortable stay at the 4* Hotel d’Anjou, ideally located in the centre of Angers and be charmed by the French way of life.
After settling in, take a short walk to a cosy wine bar and enjoy a tasting session of two local wines accompanied by a platter of cheeses and cold cuts. The remainder of the afternoon and evening will be free for you to explore Angers independently or relax at your hotel. Angers is located at the confluence of three rivers, the Mayenne, the Sarthe and the Loire. It is a lively, verdant city with a quaint medieval centre.
On day two, you will be met at your hotel by an English-speaking specialist driver/guide who will accompany you throughout the day. There will be a maximum of eight guests on the tour. You will be taken to three different premium wineries where you will have the opportunity to tour the estates as well as the wine-making facilities. Each visit will be followed by a tasting session of the estate’s sought-after wines. Your guide will take you to a traditional restaurant for lunch and you will be able to taste authentic French cuisine. You will be taken back to your hotel at the end of the day.
If you opt for the four day break, your guide will return on day three for a half day tour. He will firstly take you to a picturesque old mill from where you will have a breath-taking view across your lovely surroundings including the local vineyards. Here, you will enjoy a tutored tasting session with your guide. He will then take you to another renowned estate for a tour and tastings of their wines. You will be taken back to your hotel at the end of the tour. The afternoon will be free for you to relax and further explore Angers. In the evening, a delicious three course dinner paired with Loire Valley wines will be served in the hotel’s gastronomic restaurant.
Region Map To Top
Outline Itinerary To Top
- Upon arrival in Angers, check into your preferred room grade at the 4* Hotel d’Anjou, perfectly located in the city centre.
- After settling in, make your way on foot to a cosy wine bar for a tasting session of several local wines with cheeses and cold cuts.
- The remainder of the afternoon and evening will be free for you to relax and explore Angers independently.
- We will provide you with a list of recommended restaurants in Angers and its surroundings, and we would be delighted to reserve you a table at any of these for dinner.
- After breakfast, you will be met at the hotel by an English-speaking driver/guide, who will accompany you throughout the day. Your tour day will comprise of:
- A tour and tastings at a premium Savennières producer.
- Lunch in a traditional restaurant.
- A tour and tastings at a renowned local domain.
- A tour and tastings at a third Loire Valley estate.
- You will be taken back to your hotel at the end of the tour.
- The evening will be free for you to do as you please. Once again we would be delighted to book you a table if required.
Day Three (Optional)
- After breakfast, your guide will return for a half day tour.
- You will firstly enjoy a tasting session with a scenic view across the vineyards.
- You will then be taken to a highly-regarded estate for full tour followed by a tasting of their wines.
- You will be taken back to your hotel at the end of the tour, and the afternoon will be free to do as you please.
- In the evening, a delicious three course wine tasting dinner will be served in the hotel’s gastronomic restaurant.
- After a leisurely breakfast, check out of the hotel.
(ii) The outline itinerary is indicative and is subject to minor changes depending on supplier availability. Availability cannot be guaranteed until we have received a confirmed booking, together with the deposit payment (or payment in full where the dates of travel are in less than 60 days). If the named accommodation / visits are not available, we will endeavour to find suitable alternatives of a similar grade; this may be subject to a supplement or a rebate depending on the price available.
Accommodation To Top
Package Prices To Top
These prices are per person excluding any discounts and include all of the package elements detailed.
Due to market volatility following the UK’s decision to exit the EU, these guide prices are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All prices are per person and based on two people travelling together and sharing a twin or double room.
- A £35 per person early bird discount applies to bookings confirmed and paid over 60 days before travel.
- Single supplements and extra night prices are available upon request.
Special Offers To Top
Weekend Discount! If your stay include a Friday, Saturday or Sunday night, you can deduct £10 per person per night.
Low Season Discount! Travel between the 8th of July and the 3rd of September and enjoy a discount of £25 per person on the three day break or £35 per person on the four day break. Please note that weekend discounts do not apply during the low season.
Enhance your Experience/Tour Upgrades To Top
If you would like to make your Grape Escapes holiday even more special, there are a number of additional activities that we can arrange for you. To complement the experience, these could be arranged to fit in/around your current itinerary or we can arrange additional nights and room upgrades at your hotel, as well as your travel arrangements, a stop-over en route and even a visit to another part of the country! See below for some of the most popular upgrades.
- Stay longer! Just let us know your preferred hotel and room grade, and we will provide you with the relevant supplement for extra nights with breakfast.
- Additional tours and activities! We would be delighted to provide inspiration for more wine tours and cultural activities. The possibilities are endless!
- Experience the region’s gastronomy. The wine regions are brimming with unique gastronomic dining opportunities and what better way to enjoy a glass or than with a mouth-watering meal? We offer a variety of menus to suit every budget. Contact us for prices.
- Tailor-made tour extensions. The team at Grape Escapes have travelled extensively in Europe, not just in the wine regions and can therefore recommend and arrange tailor-made tour extensions to other regions and cities, for example Paris in France or Bilbao in Spain.
Further Information To Top
Given the wide range of travel options to the Loire Valley, the package price does not include travel. Please contact us for information about travelling to Angers and prices.
About Essential Tours
For more information on our Essential Tours, please see our Essential Tours page.
Further Information / To Book
To secure your booking, a deposit of £100 per person is required (or 20% if the price of your trip exceeds £500 per person). Your remaining balance will then be due 60 days before you travel. Please call us on+44(0) 1920 46 86 66 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request a booking form.