Loire Valley wine tours based in a luxury Château just outside Angers
At a glance
|Region:||The Loire Valley|
|Type of Tour:||Exclusive|
|Guide Price:||from £598 to £1635 per person|
|Number of Meals:||2 breakfasts + 1 lunch (3 days)
3 breakfasts + 1 lunch + 1 dinner (4 days)
|Number of Winery Visits:||3 wineries (3 days)
4 wineries (4 days)
|Number of Wines Tasted:||Approximately 11 (3 days)
Approximately 17 (4 days)
|Tour Transport:||Executive chauffeured vehicle for a full day (3 days)
Executive chauffeured vehicle for 1 ½ days (4 days)
|Dates / Availability:||Available mid-week and weekends throughout the year|
More Information about Exclusive Angers wine tour
- Trip Summary
- Region Map
- Outline Itinerary
- Package Prices
- Special Offers
- Enhance your Experience/Tour Upgrades
- Further Information
- Other tours your may enjoy
Trip Summary To Top
These three and four day Exclusive breaks give you the opportunity to enjoy the very best of the region’s wine and gastronomy, and its unique terroir. Staying in a charming Relais and Châteaux establishment composed of a Manor House built in the 15th Century and a Château dating back from the 17th Century, you will be taken to premium local estates and renowned restaurants to discover the top-quality local wines as well as to taste the delicious local cuisine.
On day two, you will be met at the hotel by an executive chauffeured vehicle (Mercedes E Class or equivalent), which will accompany you throughout the day on a private basis. Starting the day in style, the morning will be spent at the estate of a premium Savennières wine-maker. As well as having time to explore the vineyards and estate’s stunning grounds with a VIP guide, a private tasting session of some of the best steely, dry whites in the appellation will take place in the opulent surroundings of one of the Château’s private reception rooms. After such an enlightening morning, you will be taken a local Michelin-starred restaurant where a three course lunch paired with wines will be served. Guests are free to choose their two preferred estates in the Savennières appellation for tours and tastings in the afternoon. The Grape Escapes specialists are happy to offer advice and make suggestions if you would prefer. Please note that a number of the more exclusive estates do not tend to receive visitors at weekends and some of them do not receive visitors at all. We would be pleased to discuss the various options with you and contact the individual estates accordingly. You will be taken back to you hotel at the end of the tour.
The four day break includes a further tour and tastings on day three, at your selected estate in the Saumur appellation, which is famed for producing excellent sparkling wines. You will again be met at your hotel by your private Mercedes E Class vehicle. At the end of your half day tour, enjoy a relaxing afternoon at the hotel or take advantage of your free time to further explore your quaint surroundings. We would be delighted to recommend some additional tours and activities if required. In the evening, a seven course dinner accompanied by a selection of fine wines will be served in the Château’s gastronomic restaurant, headed by the Michelin-starred Chef Marco Garfagnini.
Region Map To Top
Outline Itinerary To Top
- Upon arrival in Briollay, check into your preferred room grade at the luxurious 4* Château de Noirieux.
- The remainder of the afternoon and evening will be free for you to relax and enjoy your charming surroundings.
- We will provide you with a list of recommended restaurants in Angers and its surroundings, and we would be delighted to reserve you a table at any of these for dinner.
- After breakfast, you will be met at the hotel by an executive chauffeured vehicle, who will accompany you throughout the day in an executive vehicle.
- You will first be taken to the estate of a premium Savennières wine-maker for a guided tour of the vineyards and estate’s grounds followed by a private tasting session of the estate’s wines.
- A three course lunch including drinks will then be served in a local Michelin-starred restaurant.
- In the afternoon, tours and tastings will be arranged for you at your two preferred domaines in the Savennières appellations.
- The evening will be free for you to do as you please. As always we would be pleased to reserve you a table for dinner if required.
Day Three (Optional)
- After breakfast, your chauffeur will return and accompany you throughout the morning.
- A tour and tastings will be arranged for you at your preferred estate in the Saumur appellation.
- You will be taken back to your hotel after the tour.
- Enjoy a free afternoon to further explore your picturesque surroundings.
- In the evening, a seven course wine tasting dinner will be served at the hotel’s Michelin-starred restaurant.
- After a leisurely breakfast, check out of the hotel.
(ii) The outline itinerary is indicative and is subject to minor changes depending on supplier availability. Availability cannot be guaranteed until we have received a confirmed booking, together with the deposit payment (or payment in full where the dates of travel are in less than 60 days). If the named accommodation / visits are not available, we will endeavour to find suitable alternatives of a similar grade; this may be subject to a supplement or a rebate depending on the price available.
Accommodation To Top
Package Prices To Top
These prices are per person excluding any discounts and include all of the package elements detailed.
Due to market volatility following the UK’s decision to exit the EU, these guide prices are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All prices are per person and based on two people travelling together and sharing a twin or double room.
- A £35 per person early bird discount applies to bookings confirmed and paid over 60 days before travel.
- Single supplements and extra night prices are available upon request.
|Hotel Name||Room Grade||Star Rating||Duration||Price Per Person|
|Château de Noirieux||Cosy Attic Room||4*||3 Days||£783||Book Now|
|Château de Noirieux||Cosy Attic Room||4*||4 Days||£1286||Book Now|
|Château de Noirieux||Charm Room||4*||3 Days||£851||Book Now|
|Château de Noirieux||Charm Room||4*||4 Days||£1391||Book Now|
|Château de Noirieux||Superior Room||4*||3 Days||£851||Book Now|
|Château de Noirieux||Superior Room||4*||4 Days||£1391||Book Now|
|Château de Noirieux||Luxe Room||4*||3 Days||£965||Book Now|
|Château de Noirieux||Luxe Room||4*||4 Days||£1566||Book Now|
|Château de Noirieux||Junior Suite||4*||3 Days||£1010||Book Now|
|Château de Noirieux||Junior Suite||4*||4 Days||£1635||Book Now|
Special Offers To Top
Bring friends and spend less! A discount of £150 per person applies to groups of four people or more who are travelling together on the three day break. This discount increases to £220 per person on the four day break.
Enhance your Experience/Tour Upgrades To Top
If you would like to make your Grape Escapes holiday even more special, there are a number of additional activities that we can arrange for you. To complement the experience, these could be arranged to fit in/around your current itinerary or we can arrange additional nights and room upgrades at your hotel, as well as your travel arrangements, a stop-over en route and even a visit to another part of the country! See below for some of the most popular upgrades.
- Stay longer! Just let us know your preferred hotel and room grade, and we will provide you with the relevant supplement for extra nights with breakfast.
- Additional tours and activities! We would be delighted to provide inspiration for more wine tours and cultural activities. The possibilities are endless!
- Experience the region’s gastronomy. The wine regions are brimming with unique gastronomic dining opportunities and what better way to enjoy a glass or than with a mouth-watering meal? We offer a variety of menus to suit every budget. Contact us for prices.
Tailor-made tour extensions. The team at Grape Escapes have travelled extensively in Europe, not just in the wine regions and can therefore recommend and arrange tailor-made tour extensions to other regions and cities, for example Paris in France or Bilbao in Spain
Further Information To Top
The price of this package does not include travel to Angers. Please see our Loire Valley Travel page for detailed information.
For more information on our Exclusive tours please see our Exclusive tours page.
Further Information / To Book
To secure your booking, a deposit of 20% of the booking value is required. Your remaining balance will then be due 60 days before you travel. Please call us on +44 (0) 1920 46 86 66 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request a booking form.