Three or Four Day Sancerre Wine Tour in the Heart of the Loire Valley
At a glance
|Region:||The Loire Valley|
|Type of Tour:||Essential|
|Guide Price:||from £416 to £759 per person|
|Number of Meals:||2 breakfasts and 1 dinner (3 Days)
3 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 1 dinner (4 Days)
|Number of Winery Visits:||2 wineries (3 Days)
4 wineries (4 Days)
|Number of Wines Tasted:||Approximately 15 (3 Days)
Approximately 25 (4 Days)
|Tour Transport:||Full day guided and transported tour and dinner on foot in Sancerre (3 Days)
2 Full day guided and transported tours and dinner on foot in Sancerre (4 Days)
|Dates / Availability:||Available mid-week and weekends throughout the year|
More Information about Essential Sancerre wine tour
- Trip Summary
- Region Map
- Outline Itinerary
- Package Prices
- Special Offers
- Enhance your Experience/Tour Upgrades
- Further Information
- Other tours your may enjoy
Trip Summary To Top
For lovers of crisp, dry and deliciously fruity white wines, Sancerre is the region for you. Being home to arguably one of France’s most well-recognised white wines, it is no surprise that vineyards cover 2500 hectares of the land here. The picturesque village of Sancerre itself perches on top of a hillside overlooking a stunning panorama of vineyards in all directions. Our Essential Break is available mid-week and weekends throughout the year and introduces you to the reds and rosés of the region, as well as the highly-regarded white wines. The compactness of the village and proximity of the hotel, wineries and restaurants mean that each destination can be reached on foot. After checking into the hotel and enjoying a complimentary bottle of Sancerre in your room, you will be met by an English-speaking guide on the morning of day two, for a full day transported tour of the region.
During the course of the day, you will visit various Sancerre vineyards, where your guide will explain in detail the specifics of the unique terroir which allows the appellation to produce its world-famous Sauvignon Blanc, and the work which takes place throughout the year. In the morning, you will visit a highly-regarded producer of Sancerre wines for a full tour of the wine-making process from press to bottle and tastings of five wines. You will also taste the local Crottin de Chavignol goat’s cheese with a reputed cheese affineur. There will be free time for lunch and your guide will be more than happy to suggest a suitable restaurant depending on how hungry you are feeling on the day. Before being taken back to the hotel at the end of the afternoon, you will be taken to visit a winery across the river in Pouilly-Fumé for a full tour and tastings of five wines in a different style to those tasted earlier in the day. In the evening, a five course wine tasting dinner will be served in a fabulous Michelin-starred restaurant in the village. Each course will be perfectly paired with a different wine.
For those staying a third night, take a short walk on the morning of day three to Comte Lafond, another highly-regarded producer of Sancerre wines. A representative of the estate will greet you and escort you to the estate’s pavilion, located in a truly spectacular picturesque spot in the heart of the vineyards. Here, you will taste a white, red and a rosé Sancerre wine, accompanied by a platter of Crottin de Chavignol and a selection of meats. You will then be taken back to the estate for a tour of the cellar, which is home to Comte Lafond’s impressive collection of magnums, some of which date back as far as 1983! Here, you will have the unique opportunity to choose a magnum to taste from. A light buffet lunch of local delicacies and regional specialities will then be served at the estate. In the afternoon, your guide will take you to the nearby appellation of Pouilly-Fumé and more specifically, Château de Nozet, whose vineyards are owned by the famous Ladoucette family. Here, you will be taken on an exclusive behind-the-scenes tour, seeing first-hand the wine-making process from press to bottle, and your tour will conclude with tastings of a different style of Sauvignon Blanc to the wines tasted in the morning. You will be taken back to Sancerre at the end of the day.
Region Map To Top
Outline Itinerary To Top
- Upon arrival in Sancerre, check into your chosen room at Hotel Panoramic.
- A bottle of Sancerre wine will be waiting for you in your room.
- Free afternoon and evening to explore the village and relax.
- We will provide you with a list of recommended restaurants and we would be delighted to reserve you a table at any of these for dinner.
Day Two of your Sancerre Wine Tour
- After breakfast, you will be met at the hotel by an English-speaking driver/guide, who will accompany you throughout the day. Your tour day will comprise of:
- Time in the Sancerre vineyards, where your guide will explain in detail the specifics of the unique terroir in Sancerre which allows the appellation to produce its world-famous Sauvignon Blanc, and the work which takes place throughout the year.
- A visit to a highly-regarded producer of Sancerre wines for a full tour of the wine-making process from press to bottle and tastings of five of the Sancerre wines.
- Tastings of the local Crottin de Chavignol goat’s cheese with a reputed cheese affineur.
- Free time for lunch. Your guide will be more than happy to suggest a suitable restaurant depending on how hungry you are feeling on the day.
- A visit to a winery across the river in Pouilly-Fumé, for a full tour and tastings of five wines in a different style to those tasting during the morning.
- In the evening, a five course wine pairing dinner will be served in a Michelin-starred restaurant in the village.
Day Three (Optional) of your Sancerre Wine Tour
- In the morning, take a short walk to Comte Lafon, another premium winery. Your tour day will comprise of:
- A tasting session of a red, white and rosé Sancerre wines with cheese and meats in a pretty pavilion overlooking the vineyards.
- A tour of Comte Lafond’s cellars and the opportunity to choose a magnum to taste from.
- A light buffet lunch at Comte Lafond.
- A full tour and tastings at the prestigious Ladoucette winery in Pouilly-Fumé.
Final Day of your Sancerre Wine Tour
- Breakfast and check out at the hotel
(ii) The outline itinerary is indicative and is subject to minor changes depending on supplier availability. Availability cannot be guaranteed until we have received a confirmed booking, together with the deposit payment (or payment in full where the dates of travel are in less than 60 days). If the named accommodation / visits are not available, we will endeavour to find suitable alternatives of a similar grade; this may be subject to a supplement or a rebate depending on the price available.
Accommodation To Top
Package Prices To Top
These prices are per person excluding any discounts and include all of the package elements detailed.
Due to market volatility following the UK’s decision to exit the EU, these guide prices are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All prices are per person and based on two people travelling together and sharing a twin or double room.
- A £35 per person early bird discount applies to bookings confirmed and paid over 60 days before travel.
- Single supplements and extra night prices are available upon request.
|Hotel Name||Room Grade||Star Rating||Duration||Price Per Person|
|Hotel Panoramic- Sancerre (Loire Valley)||Vineyard View||3*||3 Days||£451||Book Now|
|Hotel Panoramic- Sancerre (Loire Valley)||Vineyard View||3*||4 Days||£645||Book Now|
|Hotel Panoramic- Sancerre (Loire Valley)||Vineyard View with Terrace||3*||3 Days||£471||Book Now|
|Hotel Panoramic- Sancerre (Loire Valley)||Vineyard View with Terrace||3*||4 Days||£676||Book Now|
|Hotel Panoramic- Sancerre (Loire Valley)||Suite||3*||3 Days||£527||Book Now|
|Hotel Panoramic- Sancerre (Loire Valley)||Suite||3*||4 Days||£759||Book Now|
Special Offers To Top
Bring friends and spend less! A discount of £70 per person applies to groups of four people or more who are travelling together on the four day break.
Low Season Discount! Travel on the four day break from Friday to Monday between November and the end of March, and enjoy a discount of £50 per person.
Enhance your Experience/Tour Upgrades To Top
If you would like to make your Sancerre wine tour even more special, there are a number of additional activities that we can arrange for you. To complement the experience, these could be arranged to fit in/around your current itinerary or we can arrange additional nights and room upgrades at your hotel, as well as your travel arrangements, a stop-over en route and even a visit to another part of France! See below for some of the most popular upgrades.
- Stay longer! An extra night’s bed and breakfast costs £64 in a Vineyard View room, £73 per person in a Vineyard View room with a terrace or £98 per person in a Suite.
- Explore the rest of the Loire Valley: We offer specialist wine tours along the length of the Loire River and you may like to consider spending some time in Tours or Sancerre, our favourite hubs for tasting the region’s fantastic wines. Details of our Loire Valley tours can be found on our web site or alternatively, please give us a call to discuss the multitude of tailor-made options.
- Discover Paris. It takes just two hours to get to central Paris from Sancerre by train and many of our guests like to spend a night or two experiencing the delights of the City of Love. We would be pleased to put together a bespoke itinerary for you.
Further Information To Top
Travel to your Sancerre Wine Tour
Please contact us to request a more detailed information sheet about travelling to Sancerre.
Given the wide range of travel options, the package price does not include travel. We can arrange Eurotunnel or P&O Ferry crossings from the UK if required and the driving time from Calais to Sancerre is approximately 5 ½ hours. Prices for return Eurotunnel crossings start at £123 per vehicle or if you prefer the ferry, we can also arrange crossings from Dover with P&O Ferries from £120.
Tracy-Sancerre station is around 2 hours from Paris Bercy by train, giving a total journey time of around 5 ½ hours from London with Eurostar. Please contact us for further information about travelling by Eurostar and prices. From Tracy-Sancerre, a taxi to the hotel costs around 20 Euros and will need to be pre-booked (we would be happy to arrange this for you).
If you do not wish to take the ferry, Eurotunnel or Eurostar, you could fly to Paris CDG and take the train to Tracy-Sancerre via Paris Bercy. Grape Escapes is ATOL registered, number 10831 and we would be happy to book your flights at cost, however a booking fee of £25 per person applies. Another option is to fly to Orly and hire a car for the two hour drive to Sancerre. Please feel free to use our car hire engine if you would prefer to have access to a vehicle whilst in the region.
For more information on our essential tours please see our Essential tours page.
Further Information / To Book
To secure your booking, a deposit of £100 per person is required (or 20% if the price of your trip exceeds £500 per person). Your remaining balance will then be due 60 days before you travel. Please call us on +44 (0) 1920 46 86 66 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request a booking form.