Three or Four Day Loire Wine Tour based in Tours
At a glance
|Region:||The Loire Valley|
|Type of Tour:||Essential|
|Guide Price:||from £413 to £821 per person|
|Number of Meals:||2 breakfasts, 1 picnic lunch and 1 dinner (3 Days)
3 breakfasts, 1 picnic lunch and 1 dinner (4 Days)
|Number of Winery Visits:||3 wineries (3 Days)
3 wineries, 1 Château and 1 tasting session (4 Days)
|Number of Wines Tasted:||Approximately 16 (3 Days)
Approximately 21 (4 Days)
|Tour Transport:||Rail and taxi transfers to Chinon, and taxi transfers to Vouvray (3 Days)
Rail and taxi transfers to Chinon, Rail travel to Amboise and taxi transfers to Vouvray (4 Days)
|Dates / Availability:||Available mid-week and weekends throughout the year. The trip cannot start on a Sunday for logistical reasons.
More Information about Essential Tours wine tour
- Trip Summary
- Region Map
- Outline Itinerary
- Package Prices
- Special Offers
- Enhance your Experience/Tour Upgrades
- Further Information
- Other tours your may enjoy
Trip Summary To Top
The Loire Valley offers the largest variety of wines in France and our Essential Breaks introduce guests to two of the region’s key wine-making regions; Chinon and Vouvray (as well as Amboise on the four day break).
After settling in at the hotel, a pre-booked and pre-paid taxi will take you to a nearby premium Vouvray estate. Here, your guide will accompany you on a tour of the domaine and cellars, concluding with tastings of five of the region’s white Chenin Blanc-based wines, including the domaine’s Réserve Spéciale. Tastings of local delicacies such as cheeses and rillettes will be served alongside the wines.
Having been introduced to the region’s white wines on day one, your journey of discovery will continue on day two, where rail travel to Chinon (and Amboise on the four day break) is included as part of the package. The hotel is located just a few minutes’ walk from the station, allowing complete ease of access. Upon arrival in the beautiful riverside town of Chinon, you will be welcomed as the VIP guests of one of the town’s best producers. Your guide will accompany you on a tour of the estate and cellars, where you will see first-hand the wine-making process from press to bottle. The tour will conclude with five tastings. A pre-booked and pre-paid taxi will then take you to a 15th Century wine-making Château, where following a visit to the Cabernet Franc and Chenin Blanc vineyards and a tour of the cellars, a tasting session will take place in the Château’s historic tasting room. A picnic lunch with a bottle of wine will then be served in the Château’s stunning grounds. The afternoon will be free to explore the pretty riverside town of Chinon before taking the train back to Tours at your convenience. In the evening, a three course dinner will be served in a premium brasserie in Tours with drinks.
For those spending three nights in the region, you will take a short train ride to Amboise on day three. In this historic town, a truly unique tasting session of three Vouvray wines paired with local cheeses will then take place in the cellars of a reputed wine merchant, who specialises in old wines (some of which date back to the forties). There is a strong chance that you will be able to taste wine from your birth year! Also included in Amboise is entry to Château Clos Lucé, the former home of the famous Leonardo da Vinci.
Region Map To Top
Outline Itinerary To Top
- Upon arrival in Tours, check into your preferred room grade at the 4* Oceania L’Univers.
- After settling in, you will be taken by a pre-booked and pre-paid taxi for a tour and five tastings with local delicacies at a top Vouvray winery.
Day Two of your Loire Wine Tour
- After having breakfast at the hotel, your tour day will comprise of:
- Return rail travel between Tours and Chinon.
- A full tour and five tastings as the guests of one of the best producers in the town.
- Return taxi transfers between Chinon and the vineyards.
- A tour and tastings with a picnic lunch at a 15th Century wine-making Château.
- Free afternoon to explore Chinon.
- In the evening, a three course dinner will be served in a premium brasserie in Tours with drinks.
Day Three (Optional) of your Loire Wine Tour
- After breakfast, your tour day will comprise of:
- Return rail travel between Tours and Amboise.
- A tasting session of three old Vouvray wines with cheeses in the cellars of a wine merchant in Amboise.
- Entry to Château Clos Lucé.
Final Day of your Loire Wine Tour
- Breakfast and check out at the hotel.
(ii) The outline itinerary is indicative and is subject to minor changes depending on supplier availability. Availability cannot be guaranteed until we have received a confirmed booking, together with the deposit payment (or payment in full where the dates of travel are in less than 60 days). If the named accommodation / visits are not available, we will endeavour to find suitable alternatives of a similar grade; this may be subject to a supplement or a rebate depending on the price available.
Accommodation To Top
Package Prices To Top
These prices are per person excluding any discounts and include all of the package elements detailed.
Due to market volatility following the UK’s decision to exit the EU, these guide prices are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All prices are per person and based on two people travelling together and sharing a twin or double room.
- A £35 per person early bird discount applies to bookings confirmed and paid over 60 days before travel.
- Single supplements and extra night prices are available upon request.
|Hotel Name||Room Grade||Star Rating||Duration||Price Per Person|
|Hotel Oceania L'Univers- Tours||Comfort||4*||3 Days||£483||Book Now|
|Hotel Oceania L'Univers- Tours||Comfort||4*||4 Days||£616||Book Now|
|Hotel Oceania L'Univers- Tours||Superior||4*||3 Days||£517||Book Now|
|Hotel Oceania L'Univers- Tours||Superior||4*||4 Days||£667||Book Now|
|Hotel Oceania L'Univers- Tours||Deluxe||4*||3 Days||£551||Book Now|
|Hotel Oceania L'Univers- Tours||Deluxe||4*||4 Days||£718||Book Now|
|Hotel Oceania L'Univers- Tours||Executive||4*||3 Days||£585||Book Now|
|Hotel Oceania L'Univers- Tours||Executive||4*||4 Days||£769||Book Now|
|Hotel Oceania L'Univers- Tours||Junior Suite||4*||3 Days||£620||Book Now|
|Hotel Oceania L'Univers- Tours||Junior Suite||4*||4 Days||£821||Book Now|
|Hotel Oceania L'Univers- Tours||Suite||4*||3 Days||£654||Book Now|
|Hotel Oceania L'Univers- Tours||Suite||4*||4 Days||£872||Book Now|
Special Offers To Top
Travel in August, November or December and enjoy a discount of £35 per person on the three day break or £55 per person on the four day break.
Enhance your Experience/Tour Upgrades To Top
Please contact us to request further details and a full list of tour upgrades.
If you would like to make your Grape Escapes holiday even more special, there are a number of additional activities that we can arrange for you. To complement the experience, these could be arranged to fit in/around your current itinerary or we can arrange additional nights and room upgrades at your hotel, as well as your travel arrangements, a stop-over en route and even a visit to another part of France! See below for some of the most popular upgrades.
- Stay longer! An extra night’s bed and breakfast costs £73 per person at Oceania l’Univers in a Comfort room, £88 in a Superior room, £103 in a Deluxe room, £118 in an Executive room, £133 in a Junior Suite or £148 in a Suite.
- Explore the rest of the Loire Valley: We offer specialist wine tours along the length of the Loire River and you may like to consider spending some time in Sancerre, one of our favourite hubs for tasting the region’s fantastic wines. Details of our Loire Valley tours can be found on our web site or alternatively, please give us a call to discuss the multitude of tailor-made options.
- Discover Paris. It takes just over an hour to get to central Paris from Tours by train and many of our guests like to spend a night or two experiencing the delights of the City of Love. We would be pleased to put together a bespoke itinerary for you.
Further Information To Top
Travel to your Loire Wine Tour
Given the wide range of travel options, the package price does not include travel. Please contact us for further information.
For more information on our essential tours please see our Essential tours page.
Further Information / To Book
To secure your booking, a deposit of £100 per person is required (or 20% if the price of your trip exceeds £500 per person). Your remaining balance will then be due 60 days before you travel. Please call us on +44 (0) 1920 46 86 66 or e-mail email@example.com to request a booking form.