Bargain Port Tasting Tour in Porto
Please note that Simply tours are online offers only and cannot be customised. Please use our online booking form in the pricing table below to secure your booking.
At a glance
|Type of Tour:||Simply|
|Guide Price:||£223 to £327 per person|
|Number of Meals:||2 breakfasts, 1 light lunch and 1 dinner|
|Number of Winery Visits:||1 Port Lodge|
|Number of Wines Tasted:||Approximately 10|
|Tour Transport:||On foot in Porto|
|Dates / Availability:||Available mid-week and weekends throughout the year|
More Information about Simply Porto wine tour
- Trip Summary
- Region Map
- Outline Itinerary
- Package Prices
- Special Offers
- Enhance your Experience/Tour Upgrades
- Further Information
Trip Summary To Top
Port Tasting Holiday
This Port tasting tour is designed for those on a tighter budget who would like a simple short break in Porto. However, in common with all Grape Escapes tours, we don’t skimp on quality just because it is inexpensive. Walking between each destination, you will visit the famous Sandeman Port wine lodge, which boasts a magnificent view of Porto. Here, your English-speaking guide will accompany you through the lodges full of casks of ageing Porto wine and your visit will conclude with a tutored tasting of four ports; a White, a Ruby Reserve, an LBV and a ten year old Tawny.
Portuguese cuisine is truly delicious and you will sample many of the region’s delicacies on your trip. A traditional food and wine tasting lunch will be served in a true Portuguese setting. Whilst admiring the views of Porto from this convivial riverside bar/restaurant in Gaia, you will enjoy a variety of shared snacks to sample the local cuisine. Examples of these dishes include Ewe’s cheese and cured ham. The snacks will be served with three local wines; White Port, LBV Port and Douro Wine as well as water and coffee. The culinary highlight however, will be the gourmet dinner at the fantastic DOP restaurant. The restaurant is headed by celebrated chef Rui Paula and is situated in a beautiful, historical building. Portuguese cuisine is truly delicious and you will sample many of the region’s delicacies on your trip. Your gastronomic Portuguese dinner will be accompanied by Douro white wine, Dão red wine, Port Wine, water and coffee.
Region Map To Top
Outline Itinerary To Top
- Upon arrival in Porto, check into your chosen hotel in the city centre.
- Free afternoon and evening to explore the city and relax.
Day two of your Port tasting holiday
- Your tour day will comprise of:
- A tour and tastings of four Ports at Sandeman Port wine lodge.
- A light tasting lunch with three local wines.
- A four course gastronomic dinner with drinks at the DOP restaurant.
The final day of your Port tasting holiday
- Breakfast and check out at the hotel.
(ii) The outline itinerary is indicative and is subject to minor changes depending on supplier availability. Availability cannot be guaranteed until we have received a confirmed booking, together with the deposit payment (or payment in full where the dates of travel are in less than 60 days). If the named accommodation / visits are not available, we will endeavour to find suitable alternatives of a similar grade; this may be subject to a supplement or a rebate depending on the price available.
Accommodation To Top
Package Prices To Top
These prices are per person excluding any discounts and include all of the package elements detailed.
Due to market volatility following the UK’s decision to exit the EU, these guide prices are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All prices are per person and based on two people travelling together and sharing a twin or double room.
- A £20 per person early bird discount applies to bookings confirmed and paid over 60 days before travel.
- Single supplements and extra night prices are available upon request.
Special Offers To Top
Travel between November and the end of March and save £25 per person at both of the hotels.
Enhance your Experience/Tour Upgrades To Top
If you would like to make your Grape Escapes holiday even more special, there are a number of additional activities that we can arrange for you. To complement the experience, these could be arranged to fit in/around your current itinerary or we can arrange additional nights and room upgrades at your hotel, as well as your travel arrangements, a stop-over en route and even a visit to another part of the country! See below for some of the most popular upgrades.
- Stay longer! Just let us know your preferred hotel and room grade, and we will provide you with the relevant supplement for extra nights with breakfast.
- Additional tours and activities! We would be delighted to provide inspiration for more wine tours and cultural activities. The possibilities are endless!
- Experience the region’s gastronomy. The wine regions are brimming with unique gastronomic dining opportunities and what better way to enjoy a glass than with a mouth-watering meal? We offer a variety of menus to suit every budget. Contact us for prices.
- Tailor-made tour extensions. The team at Grape Escapes have travelled extensively in Europe, not just in the wine regions and can therefore recommend and arrange tailor-made tour extensions to other regions and cities, for example Paris in France or Bilbao in Spain.
Further Information To Top
Travel to Your Port Tasting Tour
Given the wide range of travel options, the package price does not include travel. Please contact us for further information.
For more information on our simply tours please see our Simply tours page.
Further Information / To Book
To secure your booking, a deposit of £100 per person is required. Your remaining balance will then be due 60 days before travel. Please call us on 0044 (0)1920 468 666 or e-mail email@example.com to request a booking form.