Premium Scheduled Cognac 2 Nights
Premium Scheduled Cognac 2 Nights
At a glance
|Type of Tour:||Premium Scheduled|
|Guide Price:||£499 to £524 per person|
|Travel:||Transfers from Bordeaux airport|
|Number of Meals:||2 breakfasts + 2 lunches + 2 dinners|
|Number of Winery Visits:||3 Cognac Houses + 1 master class + 1 blending workshop|
|Number of Wines Tasted:||4 wines +13 Cognacs/Pineaux|
|Tour Transport:||Fully transported|
|Dates / Availability:||Friday 21st to Sunday 23rd November 2014. Places are strictly limited to 12 people.
More Information about Premium Scheduled Cognac 2 Nights wine tour
Trip Summary To Top
We are very excited to offer twelve fortunate guests the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to visit Cognac with Grape Escapes and see the unique Bonne Chauffe process up close at two family-run Cognac Houses.
Based at boutique guest house, Le Logis du Paradis, the trip will be led by two English Cognac experts, who will share their passion with you and provide insight into the fascinating Cognac-making process and the industry as a whole. A welcome dinner with wines will be served at the logis on Friday evening and on Saturday, you will start the day in style with a visit to one of the region’s prestigious Houses. After a traditional lunch in a local bistrot, you will enjoy an extremely unique experience as the guests of two family-run domaines. Here, the Cognac makers themselves will take you on a tour of their estates and show you the rarely-seen Bonne Chauffe, the second Cognac distillation.
After a relaxing dinner at a nearby restaurant, your Tour Managers will lead a fascinating master class on the final morning before you are taken back to the airport.
Outline Itinerary To Top
Friday 21st November 2014
- Upon arrival at Bordeaux airport, you will be taken to Criteuil la Magdeleine to check into Le Logis du Paradis.
- A welcome apéritif will be served in the original distillery at the logis. This will provide you with the opportunity to get to know your Tour Managers and the other guests on the tour.
- A four course dinner will take place in the dining room at the logis, accompanied by a selection of wines.
Saturday 22nd November 2014
- After having breakfast at the logis, your Tour Managers will accompany you throughout the day on a transported Cognac tour. The tour will comprise of:
- An introduction to the process of making Cognac in the distillery at the logis.
- A visit to a prestigious Cognac House for a tour of their majestic estate and tastings of their world-famous Cognacs.
- A traditional lunch at an authentic French bistrot with drinks.
- Full tours at two small, family-run estates to meet the makers of the Cognacs and see firsthand the Bonne Chauffe process. You will taste several Cognacs in contrasting styles.
- In the evening, a four course dinner will be served at a local restaurant with a selection of Pineaux and Cognacs.
Sunday 23rd November 2014
- Breakfast at the hotel followed by a Cognac master class with your Tour Managers.
- After a light lunch, you will be taken back to Bordeaux airport in time for your return flight.
Accommodation To Top
Package Prices To Top
These prices are per person excluding any discounts and include all of the package elements detailed.
Due to market volatility following the UK’s decision to exit the EU, these guide prices are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
Logis du Paradis, boutique guest house
Price Per Person
- A £25 per person early bird discount applies to bookings confirmed and paid over 60 days before travel.
- Single supplements are available upon request.
Further Information To Top
The price of this package includes return transfers from Bordeaux airport. We recommend flying direct with British Airways from London Gatwick, departing on Friday 21st November at 15:30 and arriving at 17:55. The return flight departs at 18:35 and arrives back in London at 19:10. Alternatively, there is an Easyjet flight from Luton at 07:20 arriving at 10:00 and the return flight on Sunday departs Bordeaux at 13:00, arriving in Luton at 13:40.
Flights will need to be booked directly with your preferred airline as Grape Escapes doesn’t offer a flight booking service.
Premium Scheduled Tours
For more information on our premium scheduled tours please see our premium scheduled tours page.
Further Information / To Book
To secure your booking, a deposit of £100 per person (or 20% of the booking value for trips costing over £500 per person) is required. Your remaining balance will then be due 60 days before you travel. Please call us on 0044 (0)1920 468 666 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request a booking form.