Premium Scheduled Champagne Tour
Premium Champagne Tour with Billecart-Salmon and Dom Pérignon
At a glance
|Type of Tour:||Premium Scheduled|
|Guide Price:||from £1153 to £2210 per person|
|Number of Meals:||3 breakfasts and 2 lunches|
|Number of Winery Visits:||6 Champagne Houses|
|Number of Wines Tasted:||Approximately 18 Champagnes|
|Tour Transport:||2 Full day guided and transported tours and taxi transfers to Champagne Ruinart on day one|
|Dates / Availability:||2017
Thurs 25th to Sun 28th May, Thurs 22nd to Sun 25th June, Thurs 7th to Sun 10th September, Thurs 12th to Sun 15th October
More Information about Premium Scheduled Champagne Tour wine tour
- Trip Summary
- Region Map
- Outline Itinerary
- Package Prices
- Enhance your Experience/Tour Upgrades
- Further Information
- Other tours your may enjoy
Trip Summary To Top
Four Day Premium Champagne Tour
Our Premium Champagne tour is the ultimate trip for Champagne lovers! Across two full days of transported tours with a specialist guide, you will be welcomed as the guests of some of region’s most prestigious Champagne Houses. You will see what goes on behind the scenes at each of these famous estates, allowing a unique insight into how some of the world’s most revered Champagnes are made.
Upon arrival in Reims on Thursday, the trip will start in true style at the oldest Champagne House, Ruinart. As well as meeting your Grape Escapes guide and the rest of the group, you will be taken on a guided tour of the estate and stunning cellars, which are classified as a historical monument. The tour will be followed by a first tasting of your choice between Ruinart Blanc de Blancs and Ruinart rosé and their their flagship Prestige Cuvée Dom Ruinart, white or rosé. Pre-booked and pre-paid taxi transfers will be arranged to take you from your hotel to this visit.
On Friday morning, a chauffeured mini-coach and your Grape Escapes guide will collect you from your hotel and accompany you throughout the day on an unforgettable tour. The first visit of the day will take place at the premium boutique estate of Billecart-Salmon in the village of Mareuil-sur-Ay, for a full tour of their estate and cellars, and a vintage tasting session of three Champagnes,
one of which will be their Prestige Cuvée, Nicolas François. You will then be taken out into the picturesque vineyards, where you will start your second tour of the day as the guests of a small, family-run Champagne House. As well as having a tour of the property with the estate’s charming and charismatic eighth generation owner and seeing first-hand the fascinating Champagne-making process from press to bottle, you will learn the Napoleonic art of Sabrage (the art of opening the Champagne bottle with a sword). Since you will each open a bottle you will then need to drink at least some of the Grand Cru Champagnes that have been opened. A four course lunch will accompany the Champagne, served in the estate’s dining room. In the afternoon, you will visit a medium-sized co-operative, which produces excellent quality Champagnes from the Vallée
de la Marne. Here, you will discover Champagne production on a more industrial scale, and your tour will conclude with a delicious Champagne and chocolate pairing experience.
First stop on Saturday will be Champagne Veuve Clicquot. The Madame Clicquot visit includes a walk through the museum dedicated to the history of the House and the work of Madame Clicquot, a full tour of the House, which was built over the historic chalk crayères extracted by the Romans, and of the cellars. The visit will finish with two flutes of the Veuve Clicquot Champagnes, including their Prestige Cuvée, La Grande Dame. The tour at Veuve Clicquot will be followed by a gourmet four course lunch in a highly-regarded restaurant. Before heading to Epernay after lunch, we will take a short detour to the famous hilltop village of Hautvillers, the “cradle of Champagne.” As well as admiring the spectacular views across the vineyards, your guide will take you on a tour of the village, visiting places such as the Church where Dom Pérignon is buried. Finally, you will visit the largest and grandest Champagne house, Moët and Chandon, where you will have an exclusive Dom Pérignon tour. You will be visiting some of the oldest areas of the cellars which are seldom visited by the public and a tasting of Dom Pérignon will conclude the visit in an elegant reception room at the Moët mansion.
Region Map To Top
Outline Itinerary To Top
Four Day Premium Champagne Tour
Day One of your Premium Champagne Tour
- Upon arrival in Reims at 14:00 at the latest, check into your chosen hotel.
- A pre-booked and pre-paid taxi will collect you from your hotel after settling in and escort you to Champagne Ruinart.
- Here, you will meet your Grape Escapes guide and the other Grape Escapes guests for a full tour of the estate and cellars, and tastings of two Ruinart Champagnes.
- You will be taken back to your hotel at the end of the tour.
- In your travel pack will be a comprehensive list of recommended restaurants in the city centre. We would be pleased to recommend a restaurant and reserve you a table for dinner if required.
- After breakfast, you will be met at the hotel by a chauffeured mini-coach and an English-speaking guide. Your tour day will comprise of:
- A visit to Champagne Billecart-Salmon for a tour full tour of the estate and tastings of three vintage Champagnes including their Prestige Cuvée, Nicolas François.
- A tour and convivial lunch at a small, family-run Champagne House. Here, you will also learn Sabrage!
- A visit to a medium-sized co-operative for a tour and Champagne and chocolate pairing experience.
Day Three of your Premium Champagne Tour
- In the morning, your chauffeur and guide will return to accompany you on a second day of tours. Your tour day will comprise of:
- A visit to Champagne Veuve Clicquot for a cellar tour and two tastings, including La Grande Dame.
- A gourmet four course lunch with drinks at a highly-regarded restaurant.
- A short tour of the beautiful hilltop village of Hautvillers with a stop at the church where Dom Pérignon is buried.
- An exclusive Dom Pérignon tour at Moët and Chandon with a flute of Dom Pérignon Champagne.
Final Day of your Premium Champagne Tour
- After a leisurely breakfast, check out of the hotel.
(ii) The outline itinerary is indicative and is subject to minor changes depending on supplier availability. Availability cannot be guaranteed until we have received a confirmed booking, together with the deposit payment (or payment in full where the dates of travel are in less than 60 days). If the named accommodation / visits are not available, we will endeavour to find suitable alternatives of a similar grade; this may be subject to a supplement or a rebate depending on the price available.
Accommodation To Top
Package Prices To Top
These prices are per person excluding any discounts and include all of the package elements detailed.
Due to market volatility following the UK’s decision to exit the EU, these guide prices are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All prices are based on two people travelling together and sharing a twin or double room.
- A £35 per person early bird discount applies to bookings confirmed and paid over 60 days before travel.
- Single supplements and extra night prices are available upon request.
|Hotel Name||Room Grade||Star Rating||Duration||Price Per Person|
|Hotel de la Paix - Reims||Tradition||4*||4 Days||£1188||Book Now|
|Hotel de la Paix - Reims||Privilege||4*||4 Days||£1244||Book Now|
|L'Assiette Champenoise - Reims||Tradition||5*||4 Days||£1447||Book Now|
|L'Assiette Champenoise - Reims||Deluxe||5*||4 Days||£1622||Book Now|
|L'Assiette Champenoise - Reims||Balcony Suite||5*||4 Days||£1776||Book Now|
|Chateau Les Crayeres - Reims||Premium Room||5*||4 Days||£1751||Book Now|
|Chateau Les Crayeres - Reims||Superior Room||5*||4 Days||£1885||Book Now|
|Chateau Les Crayeres - Reims||Deluxe Room||5*||4 Days||£2143||Book Now|
|Chateau Les Crayeres - Reims||Prestige Room||5*||4 Days||£2210||Book Now|
Enhance your Experience/Tour Upgrades To Top
Please contact us to request further details and a full list of tour upgrades.
If you would like to make your Grape Escapes holiday even more special, there are a number of additional activities that we can arrange for you. To complement the experience, these could be arranged to fit in/around your current itinerary or we can arrange additional nights and room upgrades at your hotel, as well as your travel arrangements, a stop-over en route and even a visit to another part of France! See below for some of the most popular upgrades.
- Taste more Champagne. Depending on when you are going to be arriving on Friday and leaving on Sunday, we would be pleased to suggest further Champagne Houses in Reims for you to visit and book you a champagne tour.
- Stay longer! Just let us know which of the hotels you prefer and we would be delighted to arrange an additional night’s stay.
- Explore Epernay and the vineyards. If you are staying an additional night in Reims, you may wish to spend the day in Epernay and the surrounding vineyards, enjoying some of our recommended tours and activities.
- Experience the region’s gastronomy. Reims is brimming with unique gastronomic dining opportunities and what better way to enjoy a glass or two of Champagne than with a mouth-watering meal in the city. We offer a variety of menus to suit every budget.
- Stay in the vineyards. Why not stay a little longer in Champagne and indulge yourself in a stay in one of our unique rural hotels?
- Spend a night in Northern France. The drive from Calais to Champagne is only 2 ½ hours, however a large number of our guests enjoy spending a night or two en route to explore Northern France and in particular, the WW1 Battlefields.
- Fall in love with Paris. Let us put together an itinerary for you in the city of love!
- Discover more French wine regions. As well as trips to Champagne, we also arrange holidays to Burgundy, the Loire Valley, Bordeaux, the Rhône Valley, Alsace, Provence, Cognac and the Languedoc-Roussillon.
Further Information To Top
Please see our travel page for travel options and further information about travelling to your Champagne tour.
Premium Scheduled Tours
For more information on our premium scheduled tours please see our premium tours page.
Further Information / To Book
To secure your booking, a deposit of 20% of the total price of your trip is required. Your remaining balance will then be due 60 days before you travel. Please call us on +44 (0) 1920 468666 or e-mail email@example.com to request a booking form.