Tow or Three Dijon Wine Holiday in Burgundy
At a glance
|Type of Tour:||Simply|
|Guide Price:||£174 to £275 per person|
|Number of Meals:||1 breakfast (2 Days)
2 breakfasts (3 Days)
|Number of Winery Visits:||2 wineries and 1 tasting session (2 Days)
3 wineries and 2 tasting sessions (3 Days)
|Number of Wines Tasted:||Approximately 10|
|Tour Transport:||Half day transported tour from central departure point and 1 tasting session on foot in Dijon|
|Dates / Availability:||Available mid-week and weekends throughout the year|
More Information about Simply Dijon wine tour
- Trip Summary
- Region Map
- Outline Itinerary
- Package Prices
- Enhance your Experience/Tour Upgrades
- Further Information
- Other tours your may enjoy
Trip Summary To Top
This is the tour for those on a tighter budget who would like a simple, short break to enjoy Burgundy wines and the city of Dijon; however, in common with all Grape Escapes tours, we don’t skimp on quality just because it is inexpensive.
On day one, your tour will start with an introductory tasting session of three Burgundian wines, each made from one of three permissible grape varieties in Burgundy (Aligote, Chardonnay and Pinot Noir).
You will build on your newfound knowledge on day two, where you will meet your English-speaking driver/guide at a central departure point within walking distance of your hotel, for a half day transported and guided tour of the vineyards of the Côte de Nuits, experiencing the range of wines this prestigious region has to offer.
You will travel along the famous Route des Grands Crus, passing through such legendry vineyards as Romanée Conti, Chambertin, Clos de Vougeot, and Echezeaux. Your guide will make a stop amongst the vines, to explain all about the fascinating work that is undertaken in the vineyards. You will then enjoy a tasting of white wines and Pinot Noirs in a traditional cellar accompanied by Gougères (a savoury choux pastry, which is a traditional Burgundian appetiser). In addition, you will stop at an estate in Gevrey-Chambertin dating back several generations. Here you will visit the cellars and see the wine ageing in oak barrels as well as a visit to the vintage room. The visit will conclude with a tasting of several of the Pinot Noirs produced by this estate. At the end of the tour, you will be dropped back in the centre of Dijon.
Region Map To Top
Outline Itinerary To Top
- Upon arrival in Dijon, check into your hotel in the town centre.
- Free afternoon to explore the town and relax.
- Enjoy a late afternoon tasting session of three Burgundy wines,
Final Day of your Dijon Wine Holiday
- After breakfast, check out of your hotel.
- Before leaving the region, you will be taken on a half day guided and transported tour of the Côte de Nuits. The tour will include visits and tastings at two wineries and several vineyard visits.
- At the end of the tour you will be dropped back in the centre of Dijon.
- If you are spending three days in Dijon, we will arrange for both tours to take place on day two.
(ii) The outline itinerary is indicative and is subject to minor changes depending on supplier availability. Availability cannot be guaranteed until we have received a confirmed booking, together with the deposit payment (or payment in full where the dates of travel are in less than 60 days). If the named accommodation / visits are not available, we will endeavour to find suitable alternatives of a similar grade; this may be subject to a supplement or a rebate depending on the price available.
Accommodation To Top
Package Prices To Top
These prices are per person excluding any discounts and include all of the package elements detailed.
Due to market volatility following the UK’s decision to exit the EU, these guide prices are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All prices are per person and based on two people travelling together and sharing a twin or double room.
- A £20 per person early bird discount applies to bookings confirmed and paid over 60 days before travel.
- Single supplements and extra night prices are available upon request.
Enhance your Experience/Tour Upgrades To Top
If you would like to make your Grape Escapes holiday even more special, there are a number of additional activities that we can arrange for you. To complement the experience, these could be arranged to fit in/around your current itinerary or we can arrange additional nights and room upgrades at your hotel, as well as your travel arrangements, a stop-over en route and even a visit to another part of the country! See below for some of the most popular upgrades.
- Stay longer! Just let us know your preferred hotel and room grade, and we will provide you with the relevant supplement for extra nights with breakfast.
- Additional tours and activities! We would be delighted to provide inspiration for more wine tours and cultural activities. The possibilities are endless!
- Experience the region’s gastronomy. The wine regions are brimming with unique gastronomic dining opportunities and what better way to enjoy a glass than with a mouth-watering meal? We offer a variety of menus to suit every budget. Contact us for prices.
- Tailor-made tour extensions. The team at Grape Escapes have travelled extensively in Europe, not just in the wine regions and can therefore recommend and arrange tailor-made tour extensions to other regions and cities, for example Paris in France or Bilbao in Spain.
Further Information To Top
Travel to your Dijon Wine Holiday
Given the wide range of travel options, the package price does not include travel. Please contact for further information.
For more information on our essential tours please see our simply tours page.
Further Information / To Book
To secure your booking, a deposit of £100 per person is required (or 20% if the price of your trip exceeds £500 per person). Your remaining balance will then be due 60 days before you travel. Please call us on +44 (0) 1920 468 666 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request a booking form.