Simply Beaune Wine Holiday
Please note that Simply tours are online offers only and cannot be customised. Please use our online booking form in the pricing table below to secure your booking.
At a glance
|Type of Tour:||Simply|
|Guide Price:||from £184 to £326 per person|
|Number of Meals:||1 breakfast (3 Days)
2 breakfasts (4 Days)
|Number of Winery Visits:||2 wineries and 1 vineyard tasting session|
|Number of Wines Tasted:||Approximately 11|
|Tour Transport:||Half day transported tour from central departure point + 1 visit on foot in Beaune|
|Dates / Availability:||Available mid-week and weekends throughout the year.|
More Information about Simply Beaune wine tour
- Trip Summary
- Region Map
- Outline Itinerary
- Package Prices
- Special Offers
- Enhance your Experience/Tour Upgrades
- Further Information
- Other tours your may enjoy
Trip Summary To Top
Simply Beaune Wine Holiday
This Simply Beaune wine holiday is the tour for those on a tighter budget who would like a simple, short break to explore the heart of Burgundy winemaking; however, in common with all Grape Escapes tours, we don’t skimp on quality just because it is inexpensive.
On day one of your Simply Beaune wine holiday, your tour will start after lunch when you will meet your English-speaking driver/guide at a central departure point for a half day transported and guided tour of the vineyards. You will be transported in an off-road vehicle, allowing access to locations that are usually off-limits.
Whilst you will start the tour in the vineyards at the north of the Côte de Beaune, the main focus of the tour is the prestigious vineyards of the Côte de Nuits. You will be driving through the famous vineyards of Nuits-Saint-Georges, Vosne-Romanée, Vougeot, Chambolle-Musigny, Morey-Saint-Denis and Gevrey-Chambertin. Your guide will reveal to you the secrets of Burgundy wine whilst you enjoy a glass in the heart of the vineyards. Your time in the Côte de Nuits will then conclude with a visit to a Burgundian domaine, for a tour of the estate and cellars and followed by tastings of the estate’s wines.
You will continue to build on your newfound knowledge on the morning of day two, when you will walk through the pretty town of Beaune, which has been at the heart of the Burgundy wine industry for centuries, and you will visit a well-regarded estate in the town for a tour and tasting session of six Burgundian wines.
If you opt for the three day package, your visits will be more spread out, creating a more relaxed itinerary.
Region Map To Top
Outline Itinerary To Top
Simply Beaune Wine Holiday
Day One of your Simply Beaune wine holiday
- Upon arrival in Beaune, check into your chosen hotel in the town centre.
- Half day vineyard tour of the Côte de Beaune and the Côte de Nuits. The afternoon tour includes a tour and tastings at a winery, several vineyard visits and a tasting session among the vines.
- After breakfast, check out of your hotel.
- Enjoy a mid-morning cellar tour and tasting session with a traditional Burgundian wine-maker. Your knowledgeable host will talk you through tastings of six varied Burgundy wines.
Day Two (Optional) of your Simply Beaune wine holiday
- If you are spending three days in Beaune, we will arrange for both tours to take place on day two.
(ii) The outline itinerary is indicative and is subject to minor changes depending on supplier availability. Availability cannot be guaranteed until we have received a confirmed booking, together with the deposit payment (or payment in full where the dates of travel are in less than 60 days). If the named accommodation / visits are not available, we will endeavour to find suitable alternatives of a similar grade; this may be subject to a supplement or a rebate depending on the price available.
Accommodation To Top
Package Prices To Top
These prices are per person excluding any discounts and include all of the package elements detailed.
Due to market volatility following the UK’s decision to exit the EU, these guide prices are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All prices are per person and based on two people travelling together and sharing a twin or double room.
- A £20 per person early bird discount applies to bookings confirmed and paid over 60 days before travel.
- Single supplements and extra night prices are available upon request.
Special Offers To Top
Low season discounts.
|Henry II||1st November – 31st March||2 day package – £10 per person3 day package – £20 per person|
|Hôtel de La Poste||8th October – 13th April||2 day package – £15 per person 3 day package – £30 per person|
Enhance your Experience/Tour Upgrades To Top
If you would like to make your Grape Escapes holiday even more special, there are a number of additional activities that we can arrange for you. To complement the experience, these could be arranged to fit in/around your current itinerary or we can arrange additional nights and room upgrades at your hotel, as well as your travel arrangements, a stop-over en route and even a visit to another part of the country! See below for some of the most popular upgrades.
- Stay longer! Just let us know your preferred hotel and room grade, and we will provide you with the relevant supplement for extra nights with breakfast.
- Additional tours and activities! We would be delighted to provide inspiration for more wine tours and cultural activities. The possibilities are endless!
- Experience the region’s gastronomy. The wine regions are brimming with unique gastronomic dining opportunities and what better way to enjoy a glass than with a mouth-watering meal? We offer a variety of menus to suit every budget. Contact us for prices.
- Tailor-made tour extensions. The team at Grape Escapes have travelled extensively in Europe, not just in the wine regions and can therefore recommend and arrange tailor-made tour extensions to other regions and cities, for example Paris in France or Bilbao in Spain.
Further Information To Top
Travel to your Beaune Wine Holiday
Given the wide range of travel options, the package price does not include travel. Please contact us for further information.
For more information on our essential tours please see our Simply Tours
Further Information / To Book
To secure your booking, a deposit of £100 per person (or 20% of the booking value for trips costing over £500 per person) is required. Your remaining balance will then be due 60 days before you travel. Please call us on +44 (0) 1920 468 666 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request a booking form.