Essential Saint-Emilion Day Tour
Bordeaux Winery Tour - Day Tour to Saint-Emilion and Pomerol
At a glance
|Type of Tour:||Simply|
|Guide Price:||£173 per person or £138 per person including the early bird discount|
|Number of Meals:||None|
|Number of Winery Visits:||3 Châteaux|
|Number of Wines Tasted:||Approximately 5|
|Tour Transport:||Full day guided and transported tour from a central departure point in Bordeaux|
|Dates / Availability:||Available mid-week and weekends from March to the end of November
More Information about Essential Saint-Emilion Day Tour wine tour
- Trip Summary
- Region Map
- Outline Itinerary
- Package Prices
- Enhance your Experience/Tour Upgrades
- Further Information
- Other tours your may enjoy
Trip Summary To Top
This day tour is ideal for those who are looking for a low-cost and simple introduction to Bordeaux. You will meet your English-speaking driver/guide at a central departure point in the city centre for a full day transported and guided tour of the UNESCO Classified appellation of Saint-Emilion and neighbouring Pomerol. You will discover the singularities of the softer Bordeaux wines, predominantly made from the Merlot grape. On this tour you will visit three Châteaux, learning all about the fascinating wine-making process from press to bottle. Each tour will conclude with one or two tastings of the Château’s wine. There will be a maximum of eight guests on the tour and each Château that you visit will be a Cru Classified estate.
Region Map To Top
Outline Itinerary To Top
- In the morning, meet your English-speaking guide at a central departure point in Bordeaux.
- The day will comprise of tours and tastings at three Cru Classified Châteaux in the Saint-Emilion and Pomerol appellations.
- You will be taken back to Bordeaux at the end of the day.
(ii) The outline itinerary is indicative and is subject to minor changes depending on supplier availability. Availability cannot be guaranteed until we have received a confirmed booking, together with the deposit payment (or payment in full where the dates of travel are in less than 60 days). If the named accommodation / visits are not available, we will endeavour to find suitable alternatives of a similar grade; this may be subject to a supplement or a rebate depending on the price available.
Package Prices To Top
These prices are per person excluding any discounts and include all of the package elements detailed.
Due to market volatility following the UK’s decision to exit the EU, these guide prices are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
£173 per person or £138 per person including the early bird discount
- The price is per person and based on two people travelling together.
- Single traveller prices are available upon request.
- A £35 per person early bird discount applies to bookings confirmed and paid over 60 days before travel.
Enhance your Experience/Tour Upgrades To Top
If you would like to make your Grape Escapes holiday even more special, there are a number of additional activities that we can arrange for you. To complement the experience, these could be arranged to fit in/around your current itinerary or we can arrange additional nights and room upgrades at your hotel, as well as your travel arrangements, a stop-over en route and even a visit to another part of the country! See below for some of the most popular upgrades.
- Stay longer! Just let us know your preferred hotel and room grade, and we will provide you with the relevant supplement for extra nights with breakfast.
- Additional tours and activities! We would be delighted to provide inspiration for more wine tours and cultural activities. The possibilities are endless!
- Experience the region’s gastronomy. The wine regions are brimming with unique gastronomic dining opportunities and what better way to enjoy a glass than with a mouth-watering meal? We offer a variety of menus to suit every budget. Contact us for prices.
- Tailor-made tour extensions. The team at Grape Escapes have travelled extensively in Europe, not just in the wine regions and can therefore recommend and arrange tailor-made tour extensions to other regions and cities, for example Paris in France or Bilbao in Spain.
Further Information To Top
For more information on our Simply tours, please see our Essential Tours page.
Further Information / To Book
To secure your places on the tour, full payment is required at the time of booking. Please call us on +44 (0) 1920 46 86 66 or e-mail email@example.com to request a booking form.