Simply Bordeaux Wine Tour
Please note that Simply tours are online offers only and cannot be customised. Please use our online booking form in the pricing table below to secure your booking.
At a glance
|Type of Tour:||Simply|
|Guide Price:||from £226 to £378 per person|
|Number of Meals:||1 breakfast (2 Days)
2 breakfasts (2 Days)
|Number of Winery Visits:||2 Châteaux and 1 tasting session|
|Number of Wines Tasted:||Approximately 10|
|Tour Transport:||Half day transported tour and 1 visit on foot in Bordeaux|
|Dates / Availability:||Available mid-week and weekends from March to the end of November.
More Information about Simply Bordeaux wine tour
- Trip Summary
- Region Map
- Outline Itinerary
- Package Prices
- Special Offers
- Enhance your Experience/Tour Upgrades
- Further Information
Trip Summary To Top
This tour is designed for those on a tighter budget who would like a simple short break in Bordeaux. However, in common with all Grape Escapes tours, we don’t skimp on quality just because it is inexpensive. . Upon your arrival on day one, you will enjoy a tutored tasting session of five French red wines (including three Bordeaux wines), in a quaint wine bar, located within walking distance of your hotel. The tasting will be accompanied by a platter or cheeses and meats. On day two, you will meet your English-speaking guide at a central departure point for a half day transported and guided tour of either the internationally famed left-bank Médoc or the UNESCO Classified appellation of Saint-Emilion. If you choose to visit the Médoc, you will visit two Châteaux, learning particularly about the Cabernet Sauvignon grape and gaining an insight into what makes those big, bold reds so renowned. If you choose to visit Saint-Emilion, you will discover the singularities of the softer wines, predominantly made from the Merlot grape. On this tour you will also visit two Châteaux. During the half day, you will learn all about the fascinating wine-making process from press to bottle, and each tour will conclude with a tasting of one of two of the Château’s wines. There will be a maximum of eight guests on the tour and each Château that you visit will be a Cru Classified estate. At the end of the tour, you will be escorted back to the centre of Bordeaux, where the evening will be free for you to do as you please.
Region Map To Top
Outline Itinerary To Top
- Upon arrival in Bordeaux, check into your chosen hotel in the city centre.
- Free afternoon to explore the city and relax.
- Enjoy an early evening tutored tasting session of five French red wines including Médoc, Saint-Emilion and Graves. Your wine will be accompanied by a platter of cheeses and meats.
Final Day of your Bordeaux Wine Holiday
- After a leisurely breakfast, check out of the hotel.
- Before leaving the region, enjoy a half day guided and transported tour of your choice of the Médoc or Saint-Emilion, including tours and tastings at two Châteaux.
Day Two (Optional) of your Bordeaux Wine Holiday
- If you are spending three days in Bordeaux, you will have an extra evening and free afternoon, to explore the delights of Bordeaux on day two.
(ii) The outline itinerary is indicative and is subject to minor changes depending on supplier availability. Availability cannot be guaranteed until we have received a confirmed booking, together with the deposit payment (or payment in full where the dates of travel are in less than 60 days). If the named accommodation / visits are not available, we will endeavour to find suitable alternatives of a similar grade; this may be subject to a supplement or a rebate depending on the price available.
Accommodation To Top
Package Prices To Top
These prices are per person excluding any discounts and include all of the package elements detailed.
Due to market volatility following the UK’s decision to exit the EU, these guide prices are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All prices are based on two people travelling together and sharing a twin or double room.
- A £20 per person early bird discount applies to bookings confirmed and paid over 60 days before travel.
- Single supplements and extra night prices are available upon request.
|Hotel Name||Room Grade||Star Rating||Duration||Price Per Person|
|Grand Hotel Francais- Bordeaux||Comfort||3*||2 Days||£261||Book Now|
|Grand Hotel Francais- Bordeaux||Comfort||3*||3 Days||£364||Book Now|
|Hotel de Seze- Bordeaux||Classic||4*||2 Days||£268||Book Now|
|Hotel de Seze- Bordeaux||Classic||4*||3 Days||£378||Book Now|
|Bayonne Etche Ona- Bordeaux||Club||4*||2 Days||£271||Book Now|
|Bayonne Etche Ona- Bordeaux||Club||4*||3 Days||£385||Book Now|
Special Offers To Top
Grand Hotel Français: A discount of £15 per person on the two day break or £30 per person on the three day break applies for travel in March and November.
Hotel de Sèze: A discount of £15 per person on the two day break or £30 per person on the three day break applies for travel between November and April.
Bayonne Etche Ona: A discount of £18 per person on the two day break or £35 per person on the three day break applies for travel in March, July, August and November.
Enhance your Experience/Tour Upgrades To Top
If you would like to make your Grape Escapes holiday even more special, there are a number of additional activities that we can arrange for you. To complement the experience, these could be arranged to fit in/around your current itinerary or we can arrange additional nights and room upgrades at your hotel, as well as your travel arrangements, a stop-over en route and even a visit to another part of the country! See below for some of the most popular upgrades.
- Stay longer! Just let us know your preferred hotel and room grade, and we will provide you with the relevant supplement for extra nights with breakfast.
- Additional tours and activities! We would be delighted to provide inspiration for more wine tours and cultural activities. The possibilities are endless!
- Experience the region’s gastronomy. The wine regions are brimming with unique gastronomic dining opportunities and what better way to enjoy a glass than with a mouth-watering meal? We offer a variety of menus to suit every budget. Contact us for prices.
- Tailor-made tour extensions. The team at Grape Escapes have travelled extensively in Europe, not just in the wine regions and can therefore recommend and arrange tailor-made tour extensions to other regions and cities, for example Paris in France or Bilbao in Spain.
Further Information To Top
Given the wide range of travel options, the package price does not include travel. Please see our Bordeaux travel page for detailed information.
For more information on our simply tours please see our Simply tours page.
Further Information / To Book
To secure your booking, a deposit of £100 per person is required. Your remaining balance will then be due 60 days before travel. Please call us on +44 (0) 1920 46 86 66 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request a booking form.