Three or four day Alsace wine tour based in Colmar
At a glance
|Type of Tour:||Essential|
|Guide Price:||From £391 to £856 per person|
|Number of Meals:||2 breakfasts and 1 dinner (3 Days)
3 breakfasts and 1 dinner (4 Days)
|Number of Winery Visits:||4 wineries + 1 tasting session (3 Days)
6 wineries + 1 tasting session (4 Days)
|Number of Wines Tasted:||Approximately 21 (3 Days)
Approximately 28 (4 Days)
|Tour Transport:||Full day guided tour from a central departure point, return taxi transfers, to the tasting session + dinner on foot in Colmar (3 Days)
Full and half day guided tour from a central departure point, return taxi transfers to the tasting session + dinner on foot in Colmar (4 Days)
|Dates / Availability:||Available mid-week and weekends from April to the end of October.|
More Information about Essential Colmar wine tour
- Trip Summary
- Region Map
- Outline Itinerary
- Package Prices
- Special Offers
- Enhance your Experience/Tour Upgrades
- Further Information
- Other tours your may enjoy
Trip Summary To Top
For those looking for a mid-week or weekend Alsace wine tour with a good introduction to the various tastes and styles of Alsatian wines available, this may be the answer. Based in Colmar, the capital of Alsace wines, these three and four day breaks combine discovery of the local wines and gastronomy as well as good value for money. Your trip will start with a tutored tasting session of five Alsatian wines in the caveau of a premium local estate.
On the morning of day two, meet your English-speaking driver/guide at a central departure point for a full day transported wine tour in the Alsatian vineyards. There will be a maximum of eight people on the tour. You will be taken to four different wineries located in various areas and will learn about the unique wines of the region as well as gaining an insight into the local wine making process. At each estate, you will be welcomed by the cellar master or a member of the family and you will enjoy a guided tasting session of the estate’s wines. You will also be taken to a picturesque village where you will be given some free time for lunch and to explore your lovely surroundings independently. At the end of such an enlightening day, you will be transported back to Colmar. In the evening, a three course dinner will be served in a traditional French restaurant of the city centre. Your dinner will be accompanied by an aperitif and two glasses of local wines.
If you opt for the four day break, then day three will comprise of a free morning to relax at your hotel and/or further explore the lovely Colmar. You may wish to have a look at the charming half-timbered houses of the story-book Little Venice as well as the tanner’s and fishmonger’s quarters. Alternatively you may wish to do some shopping in the quaint little boutiques or go to the covered market which is open every day except Mondays. After lunch, you will meet your English-speaking driver/guide for a half day tour including tours and tastings at two premium Alsatian wineries as well as a visit to a quintessentially Alsatian village such as Eguisheim, Pfaffenheim, Rouffach or Turckheim. Once again there will be a maximum of eight people on the tour. You will be taken back to Colmar at the end of the day and evening will be free to do as you please.
Region Map To Top
Outline Itinerary To Top
- Upon arrival in Colmar, check into your chosen hotel in the town centre.
- After settling in, a tutored tasting session of five local wines will take place in the caveau of a renowned local estate.
- In your travel pack there will be a comprehensive list of recommended restaurants. We would be pleased to reserve you a table at any of these for dinner.
- After breakfast, meet your English-speaking guide at a central departure point in the city centre.
- Your tour day will comprise of a full day tour in the Alsatian vineyards with tours and tastings at four different wineries where you will witness the century-old wine making process. The tastings will be commented by the cellar master or by members of the family.
- You will be given some free time for lunch in a quaint little village where you will also be able to enjoy the small boutiques and the lovely atmosphere of the Alsatian countryside.
- You will be taken back to Colmar at the end of the day.
- In the evening, a three course traditional French dinner including drinks will be served in a gourmet restaurant of the town centre.
Day Three (Optional)
- After breakfast, you will be given some free time to do as you please. You may wish to have a lie in. Alternatively, you may prefer to explore the town centre independently. The authentic tanner’s and fishmonger’s quarters are absolutely charming, and the area called Little Venice is a must see.
- After lunch, meet your English speaking driver/guide at a central departure point in the city centre. Your tour day will comprise of a half day tour in the vineyards with visits and tastings at two Alsatian wineries. You will also visit picturesque small villages such as Eguisheim, Pfaffenheim, Rouffach or Turckheim.
- You will be taken back to Colmar at the end of the tour.
- Once again we would be pleased to reserve you a table for dinner.
- After a leisurely breakfast, check out of the hotel.
(ii) The outline itinerary is indicative and is subject to minor changes depending on supplier availability. Availability cannot be guaranteed until we have received a confirmed booking, together with the deposit payment (or payment in full where the dates of travel are in less than 60 days). If the named accommodation / visits are not available, we will endeavour to find suitable alternatives of a similar grade; this may be subject to a supplement or a rebate depending on the price available.
Accommodation To Top
Package Prices To Top
These prices are per person excluding any discounts and include all of the package elements detailed.
Due to market volatility following the UK’s decision to exit the EU, these guide prices are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All prices are per person and based on two people travelling together and sharing a twin or double room.
- A £35 per person early bird discount applies to bookings confirmed and paid over 60 days before travel.
- Single supplements and extra night prices are available upon request.
- The package price is dependent on your specific travel dates. We are more than happy to provide you with a definitive price for your preferred set of dates.
|Hotel Name||Room Grade||Star Rating||Duration||Price Per Person|
|Grand Hotel Bristol||Classic Room||4*||3 Days||£451||Book Now|
|Grand Hotel Bristol||Classic Room||4*||4 Days||£601||Book Now|
|Grand Hotel Bristol||Deluxe Room||4*||3 Days||£485||Book Now|
|Grand Hotel Bristol||Deluxe Room||4*||4 Days||£652||Book Now|
|Hostellerie Le Marechal||Classic Room||4*||3 Days||£468||Book Now|
|Hostellerie Le Marechal||Classic Room||4*||4 Days||£626||Book Now|
|Hostellerie Le Marechal||Comfort Room||4*||3 Days||£493||Book Now|
|Hostellerie Le Marechal||Comfort Room||4*||4 Days||£664||Book Now|
|Hostellerie Le Marechal||Deluxe Room||4*||3 Days||£560||Book Now|
|Hostellerie Le Marechal||Deluxe Room||4*||4 Days||£764||Book Now|
|Hostellerie Le Marechal||Suite||4*||3 Days||£621||Book Now|
|Hostellerie Le Marechal||Suite||4*||4 Days||£856||Book Now|
Special Offers To Top
Le Grand Hotel Bristol: Travel any time in April, July and August and take advantage of a £25 per person discount on the three day break or £35 per person on the four day break.
Enhance your Experience/Tour Upgrades To Top
Please contact us to request further details and a full list of tour upgrades.
If you would like to make your Grape Escapes holiday even more special, there are a number of additional activities that we can arrange for you. To complement the experience, these could be arranged to fit in/around your current itinerary or we can arrange additional nights and room upgrades at your hotel, as well as your travel arrangements, a stop-over en route and even a visit to another part of France! See below for some of the most popular upgrades.
- Stay longer! An additional night’s bed and breakfast costs £66 per person in a Classic room and £81 per person in a Deluxe room at the 4* le Grand Hotel Bristol. For the 4* Hostellerie le Marechal the extra night prices are as follows: £73 per person in a Classic room, £84 per person in a Comfort room, £114 per person in a Deluxe room and £141 per person in a Suite.
- Visit Strasbourg. Strasbourg, the capital of the Alsace region, is only 50 minutes by car / half an hour by train from Colmar. Why not treat yourself with a night or two in this charming bicultural city? We work with a wide range of hotels in the city centre and would love to recommend some great activities to make the most of your stay. Please contact us for details.
- Riquewihr tour extension. We offer a great value, flexible break based in the picturesque village of Riquewihr, which lies on the Alsace wine route. Full details can be found on our website.
- Discover Paris. We offer a whole host of accommodation options and tours/activities in the City of Love and itineraries can be tailor-made to your specific requirements.
Further Information To Top
Travel to your Alsace Wine Tour
The price of this package does not include travel to Alsace. Please contact us for further information.
For more information on our Essential tours please see our Essential Tours page
Further Information / To Book
To secure your booking, a deposit of £100 per person is required (or 20% if the total price of your trip exceeds £500 per person). Your remaining balance will then be due 60 days before you travel. Please call us on +44 (0) 1920 46 86 66 or e-mail email@example.com to request a booking form.