Champagne Harvest Tour
Get up close to the grapes on our unforgettable Champagne Harvest Tour. The below package is available mid-week and weekends from Mid-September to the end of September 2016 and costs £399 (GBP) per person based on 6 people sharing 3 Superior rooms. This price includes return Eurotunnel crossings for 2 cars, 2 nights’ bed and breakfast at Hotel Jean Moët, a chauffeured vehicle for the day, a tour and tastings at Moët and Chandon and a full day harvest experience with lunch.
If 4 people travel, the price of the package will be £429 (GBP) per person, based on 4 people sharing 2 Superior rooms and travelling in 1 car. If 2 people travel, the price of the package will be £579 (GBP) per person, based on 2 people sharing 1 Superior room and travelling in 1 car.
Champagne Harvest Tour Itinerary
- Drive from the UK to Epernay, taking the Eurotunnel from Folkestone to Calais.
- Upon arrival, check into double or twin Superior rooms at the 4* Hotel Jean Moët.
- After settling in, take a short walk to the grandest of Champagne Houses- Moët and Chandon. Here, your guide will accompany you around the estate and through the extensive cellars. Your visit will conclude with two tastings of Imperial Moët Champagnes.
- In your travel pack there will be a comprehensive list of recommended restaurants in the town. We would be pleased to reserve you a table at any of these for dinner.
- In the morning, you will be met at the hotel by a chauffeured vehicle, which will accompany you throughout the day.
- You will be welcomed as the guests of a Grand Cru Champagne House on the Côte des Blancs for a unique and exciting day spent as a traditional Champagne harvester.
- Following a traditional breakfast at the estate, you will be taken out to the vineyards to try your hand at picking the Chardonnay grapes with the harvesting team. This once-in-a-lifetime activity will allow you to truly immerse yourself in the spirit of the Champenoise people, and will last for around two hours. The harvest is always a time for celebration, and you can rest assured that there will be plenty of opportunities to take a break and raise a glass or two during the course of the activity.
- Following your time in the vines, you will make your way to the press, where you will have the chance to press those hand-picked grapes, as well as tasting the juice.
- The family own a stunning French Château and you will have lunch as their guests in these opulent surroundings. This gastronomic meal will be prepared by the in-house Chef and served with a selection of the Maison’s Champagnes in the Château’s decadent dining room.
- You will have plenty of time in the afternoon to purchase Champagne to take home with you.
- Your chauffeur will take you back to Epernay at the end of the day.
- After a leisurely breakfast, check out of the hotel and make your way back to the UK, taking the Eurotunnel from Calais to Folkestone.
To check specific availabilities and book your places on the Champagne harvest tour, please contact us on +44 (0) 1920 46 86 66 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. See here for our complete range of Champagne breaks.